The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

using a Micro-Nikkor 200mm lens with the E-5

Godfrey

Mixing up the Olympus E-5 and the Micro-Nikkor 200mm for a bit of fun.

There's some amusement in having an 800mm equivalent focal length lens which is also a dedicated macro lens capable of 1:1 imaging (Micro-Nikkor 200 + Nikon TC-300 doubler)... I thought you might be amused.

Setup - Micro-Nikkor 200 plus TC300 fitted to E-5, available light capture of steel millimeter ruler on shelf:

Capture - 1:1 macro, no cropping. ISO 200 @ f/11 @ 10 seconds:

enjoy,
G

f6cvalkyrie

Hi, Godfrey,

I often use the same combo on my G1 and now on the GH2 to shoot insects in the field.
It gives you a lot of working distance, and you avoid interacting with the insect and making it fly away.

This shot was made with that combo, and its a 4-shot focus stack :D

C U,
Rafael

mediumcool

Hi, Godfrey,

I often use the same combo on my G1 and now on the GH2 to shoot insects in the field.
It gives you a lot of working distance, and you avoid interacting with the insect and making it fly away.

This shot was made with that combo, and its a 4-shot focus stack :D

C U,
Rafael
Striking! C’mon Godfrey, get outside amongst the bugs!

Godfrey

Lol!

I love Raphael's photo, but I have no particular interest in insect photography myself. I have other ideas in mind for this lens. :)