The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Sunday Sale at Target - GF3 w/ 14-43

Tullio

The GF3 has been one of the most discounted m4/3 camera from both the Panasonic and Olympus lineup. I wonder why...

larryk

I think we're seeing too many cameras coming too soon. New buyers have a huge complicated set of good choices now. Old buyers are still happy with what they have. I skipped from a G1 to a G3, but probably could have/should have waited for the G4. But I'm very happy with the G3 and the 100-300 (200/600) mm zoom lens. Now I'd be happy to wait unitl the G6 or G7. Too many new cameras with only marginal improvements. But all great choices.

Erik_A

I think that the GX1 will be a game changer though with the new sensor and AF speed. I love the GF1, but it is a noisy camera even in lower ISO settings and using RAW. I like the idea that the GX1 will be built to the same high (construction quality) standards. My GF1 took a 4ft drop onto a tile floor and didn't skip a beat - nothing wrong at at. The GF3 would have likely shattered.