The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

card for GH2

bennettk

Greetings,

Just bought at GH2 and notice that it takes a long time to write raw files to my usual Sandisk Ultra cards. Those cards are fine with my GF1 and G1, but noticeably slow with the GH2.

Has anyone tested the newer cards like the Sandisk Extreme class 10? Is there a significant speed bump? Or any other recommendations?

Thanks.

Godfrey

I can't say specifically for the GH2, but with every other camera I've tested the Sandisk Ultra against the Sandisk Extreme there's been a substantive improvement in write speed with the Extremes. I've standardized on Sandisk Extreme SDHC 16G Class 10 cards for some time now.

V

Vivek

Use the fastest cards that you can buy. Start with a clean slate by formatting the cards.

bennettk

Thanks, that's what I thought. Didn't think there'd be such a difference between the original G-series and the GH2, considering the modest increase in file size.

GDI

I am new to the GH2, but I picked up 2 Extreme Pro 16GB 95mb/s USH-I Class 10 cards yesterday at BestBuy for $49 each.

I have tested these with the "Driftwood 132m_GOP3_AQ2" Patch. All seems well.