The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus about to release new kind of camera?

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Well, let them first show what they finally come up with and how serious this is for pro photographers. In the many past years Olympus just could not really convince in the pro area. And even worse, the meanwhile let die their 43 E system by not coming with any news except the E5 since - how many years?

Not many will be able to be convinced in order to go back to 43 ....

Annna T

Not so long ago, Olympus has disclosed a new mft lens, which will be weather sealed and something like 12-50mm, but won't be really fast, nor have a fixed minimal F stop.

When you put that in line with the fact that Olympus has already said that there will be no other E-XX or E-XXX 4/3 camera, that Olympus has long announced that there would be a pro(?)-mft body, then I think that what we will see is a replacement for the E-420, E-620 etc., aka not really a pro body, but a body big enough to support the 4/3 lens and to focus them speedy enough; one with the small DSLR look, like the Panasonic G, but apparently one with an inovative VF and one able to focus 4/3 lenses needing phase detect AF.

Although I'd very much like to see a "range finder" style body, one to compete with the Sony Nex-7, I think that those who are supposing that they will get an E-P7 (aka one with a new sensor and an integrated viewfinder) are taking their wishes for reality. If only they were right !

Last edited: