The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is Amazon starting to ship GX1s?

Audii-Dudii

I ordered one within 30 minutes of their announcement earlier this year*, so I'm likely near the top of their waiting list. Earlier this week, however, I received an email from them informing me that shipping would be delayed until late January or early February, yet a few minutes ago, I just received an alert from my credit union informing me that Amazon had charged my credit-card, which usually means they are about to ship.

Has this happened to anybody else today (or this week) and/or are they really starting to ship them? I'm actually still a bit ambivalent about whether I really want to buy one or wait to see what Olympus releases soon, if anything...

* Not because I was staying up late in anticipation of the announcement, mind you, but because I was pulling an all-nighter at work and just happened to take a break to surf the 'net at exactly the right time.

ggibson

Which version did you order? I think the ones that are shipping now are either body-only or with the old 14-42mm lens. The kits with the 14-42mm X lens don't ship until January.

Audii-Dudii

Which version did you order? I think the ones that are shipping now are either body-only or with the old 14-42mm lens. The kits with the 14-42mm X lens don't ship until January.
I ordered a body only, as I already have far too many lenses for these cameras as it is!

It arrived this morning and although I haven't used it yet (other than to snap a photo in my office to insure that it actually works), there are several things about it I already prefer as compared to my GF1 but also several things for which I don't much care. I look forward to playing with it some over the next few days...