The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SUPER basic GF3 question

Rawfa

Where do I change the settings to allow the GF3 to shoot with other lenses? It doesn´t show up on the Custom Menu for me. Do I have to have a micro 4/3 on the camera for this option to show up?
This is what I see on the custom menu:

IA Custom
Histogram OFF
Guideline OFF
Power Zoom lens (greyed out)
Remaining Disp. (there´s a picture of a camera and some screens on its´right)
Touch settings (there is nothing on its´right)

Diane B

I'm surprised. All of my Panny m4/3 have the "shoot w/o lens" option in the custom menu appearing all the time. Its either "on" or "off". You keep it "on" all the time and never have to touch it again after setting it the first time. It should be available regardless of mode. On my G1, GF1 and G3 it is either the last or next to last item in the custom menu and available in any mode. I'm surprised that they would have changed the menu on the GF3 so much that its only available in manual. In fact most people shoot with manual focus legacy lenses in aperture mode.