The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OM-D (what is with the body covering?)

RichA

Look on Dpreview, there is a shot of the silver body with a pebble-grain covering (which I like) and all the other shots show a smoother covering, which I would choose second. Any further information on this?

Maggie O

I kinda want the silver one. It reminds me of my newspaper's OM-2 that I used the entire time I worked there.

Amin

I've pre-ordered the silver one. I think I'd go for the black if I didn't already have the black E-P3.

jonoslack

P.S. I think something has happened to my GAS

OMD
Nikon 800e
Fuji X1pro
they all look wonderful - really fine . . . . but

. . . . I haven't ordered any of them

:cry: :eek: :loco: :wtf:

marlof

For me, it'll be the black one, if I find a real reason to upgrade to this from my GH2. The GH2 does what I need, and I don't think the image quality of the OMD will leapfrog that one. I've never really bonded with the GH2 though, since I think it's fugly. To spend this amount of money to get a better looking camera, I just don't know. Other things (image stabilizing improvements, weather sealing) at the moment just don't seem that important to me. But who knows...

Riley

I would have hated it if the silver was paint on plastic
It is so much more worthwhile as a metal finish

Godfrey

OMD
Nikon 800e
Fuji X1pro

+1

I'm happy with what I have now and don't need or want anything more.

Out of the blue, however, a friend on the east coast is sending me a really nice looking black Nikon F Photomic FTn body that he found being tossed in the dumpster. A silver F-FTn was my first SLR camera ... always wanted a black one.

It will sit alongside my M4-2 for the 'occasional roll of film' fun. I guess there is a reason I've acquired a couple of nice old Nikkor lenses after all... :)

jonoslack

+1

I'm happy with what I have now and don't need or want anything more.

Out of the blue, however, a friend on the east coast is sending me a really nice looking black Nikon F Photomic FTn body that he found being tossed in the dumpster. A silver F-FTn was my first SLR camera ... always wanted a black one.

It will sit alongside my M4-2 for the 'occasional roll of film' fun. I guess there is a reason I've acquired a couple of nice old Nikkor lenses after all... :)

Congratulations Godfrey - I wish I could be so sure that I don't want anything more (need? I need much less, but that's a different matter).

What I'd really like is one full frame high resolution camera which would make the best of both my Leica M and R lenses . . . . . . I'd find that pretty hard to resist, but it doesn't even exist at present . . . if it did (and it was good), then I'd find it hard to qualify keeping anything much else! I guess 24mp would be perfect . . one can but hope!

Terry

Somewhat ditto but the OMD doesn't really interest me in the way actually playing with the new higher resolution/reduced price Sigma's does.

OMD
Nikon 800e
Fuji X1pro

ptomsu

Workshop Member

OMD
Nikon 800e
Fuji X1pro

Nikon 800e yes,

all the rest I cannot get warm with. Especially looking at that highly praised vintage look of the OMD, I must say I would have rather opted for a modern look as from the E5.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Congratulations Godfrey - I wish I could be so sure that I don't want anything more (need? I need much less, but that's a different matter).

What I'd really like is one full frame high resolution camera which would make the best of both my Leica M and R lenses . . . . . . I'd find that pretty hard to resist, but it doesn't even exist at present . . . if it did (and it was good), then I'd find it hard to qualify keeping anything much else! I guess 24mp would be perfect . . one can but hope!
That might be the nw Leica mirror less system which should be introduced this year.

woodmancy

Subscriber Member
I've just removed my OM-2n from its plastic bag and loaded it with Tri-X. Can't wait until tomorrow am.

Keith

Amin

OMD
Nikon 800e
Fuji X1pro

We'll see. It's always easier to resist cameras which are available for pre-order than it is to resist walking out of the camera store with the camera in hand. The Nikon color, you don't like, and the Fuji treads on the terrain of cameras you already own, but I think you'll have a soft spot for the OM-D :).

Last edited:

jonoslack

We'll see. It's always easier to resist cameras which are available for pre-order than it is to resist walking out of the camera store with the camera in hand. The Nikon color, you don't like, and the Fuji treads on the terrain of cameras you already own, but I think he'll have a soft spot for the OM-D :).
Shhhhhhhh Amin - but of course, you are right - it's going to be quite hard to resist . . . and you're quite right about the other two as well (easy to resist).