The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Why no focus peaking on m43 cameras

G

gplatt

I haven't been following the m43 cameras since I got a Nex, but the OM-D captured my imagination. However, I doubt that I will be getting it in it's current form as I really like focus peaking. I never liked the way that the EP-2 handled legacy lenses (I only have MF lenses) and I suspect that I won't like the way the OM-D handles them either -- but would love to be wrong.

What would it take for Olympus (their cameras interest me the most) to implement focus peaking?

Brian Mosley

I don't know, but another disadvantage for legacy lens shooting is the 4/3rds sensor size... to be honest, if you want a camera for legacy lenses, the NEX 7 looks like a better bet.

On the other hand, the native lens selection for m4/3rds is looking better and better, and weathersealing is very attractive indeed.

I have the 45mm f1.8, will get the weathersealed 12-50mm zoom with the OM-D and weathersealed 4/3rds adapter to try my ZD lenses for size.

Cheers

Brian