The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Full EXIF Data (with G3 & Lightroom)?

les

Once imported into LR the main available exif data comes through with the image and appears in the Metadata segment in the Library section.
However when viewing images in camera, a number if additional bits of information can be seen, which do not seem to travel with the image over to LR. These include things such as whether Image Stabilization, Intelligent Dynamic &/or Resolution, and what 'Photo Style' was used.
Obviously while the image file is still in camera the details are available - but has anyone found a way to automatically bring that info over to your Mac before it is lost? It could be useful in determining whether or not these settings have any merit.
Of course you can manually input a reminder in the 'User Comments' section of the Metadata, but that's a bit of a kludge......

Once imported into LR the main available exif data comes through with the image and appears in the Metadata segment in the Library section.
However when viewing images in camera, a number if additional bits of information can be seen, which do not seem to travel with the image over to LR. These include things such as whether Image Stabilization, Intelligent Dynamic &/or Resolution, and what 'Photo Style' was used.
Obviously while the image file is still in camera the details are available - but has anyone found a way to automatically bring that info over to your Mac before it is lost? It could be useful in determining whether or not these settings have any merit.
Of course you can manually input a reminder in the 'User Comments' section of the Metadata, but that's a bit of a kludge......
try some plugins that were created to solve the LR impotence, for example robcole.com - Products & Services

les

Many thanks deejjjaaaa. That's great information, unfortunately for me it's maybe just too deeply technical. I've forgotten all about Terminal commands etc - obviously I've become spoilt. However realizing that someone has probably developed something a bit more user friendly I searched for a similar plugin. As always Google is your friend. That led me to Jeffrey Friedl's Blog - amongst the many plugins he has developed there is Metadata Viewer. I've just played with it for a short time but it seems to have immediately provided the perfect solution for the issue I outlined.
Thanks for your info which pointed me in the right direction.