The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Difficulty Mounting 14-140 Lens on GH2

GDI

I took my 140-140 lens off my GH2 last night to use a different lens, and when I tried to put it back on it is extremely difficult to get back on. It fits in the bayonet fine, it is just difficult to turn to lock or to remove.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Everything looks fine with the mount and lens, it is just very tight.

Thanks

A

Ante_CRO

I took my 140-140 lens off my GH2 last night to use a different lens, and when I tried to put it back on it is extremely difficult to get back on. It fits in the bayonet fine, it is just difficult to turn to lock or to remove.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Everything looks fine with the mount and lens, it is just very tight.

Thanks
Hi, GDI!
I am owner of one 14-140 and i don't have a problem mounting it on my GH2. Maybe you have some bad copy of lens, maybe it's a factory mistake, check it at your dealer. Cheers!

Knorp

Here 14-140 and G3: smooth as slick.

Your other lens goes well then ?

Kind regards.

RichA

Thanks
Check with another lens, make sure it isn't the bayonet on the camera. Then check the 14-140 bayonet leaves with a magnifying glass. They are 1/2 as thick as older camera lenses (from the "good old days") and can be bent if there is any force or impact on them. The bend may only be slightly perceptible to the eye to produce a noticeable change in the effort needed to get it back on. I've got a Voigtlander 58mm lens that had been dropped before I got it (for $100, you can understand why) and it was very stiff to mount on a Pentax bayonet. I ended up taking part of the bayonet down with a fine file. Total material removed was less than 1/100th of an inch, then the lens mounted properly again. It gives you an idea of how tight the tolerances are.

GDI

I figured it out weeks ago and forgot to update this thread. It was a very stupid user error - I had mounted an arca plate too far forward and the fat base of the lens barrel was rubbing against it! (Yes, it IS embarrassing to admit)

Oh, other than that I like the camera.