The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

EM5 RAWs are up

clark666

Are any of the low ISO photos noise-free? I would like to use my PL 25mm f/1.4 for portraits and landscapes. I don't need high-ISO because I already own a NEX 5N, I need a camera body for my 4/3s lenses.

Riley

In truth all I have looked at is the ISO6400 hallway shot at night, so as it stands I dont have an opinion of low ISO

using PSP X4 and Oloneo, both open the RAWs

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Is there a usable RAW converter for those files? The jpegs on that website are useless. Completely destroyed by jpeg compression.

Riley

PSP X4 and Oloneo are working for me
Oloneo offer a trial and its a small download, but if you push them (its HDR software) things get noisy fast
Oloneo - HDR Software

best to just use Oloneo pretty much as a RAW converter and export to your image editor in tiff of jpeg
Ive only been looking at a 6400 shot, where noise is tiny grained and nearly all luma noise

edit: Viewer 2 works as well Im told

Last edited:

Brian Mosley

This looks very promising. I wonder how this sensor compares across the board with the GH2? first reports suggest it's an improvement!

Thanks for the heads-up Riley :salute:

Brian

Godfrey

Interesting, certainly, but until Lightroom or DNG Converter support the E-M5 raw format it isn't even worth downloading them or conjecturing about their quality.

My image processing tools and workflow are a heck of a lot more important influence on my finished photographs than most cameras and lenses!

Riley

likewise,
but as it happens theyre working well for me with EM5 too
which is dam lucky as I just went with PSP X4 two weeks ago

the essence of what you say is very true though
people would get much more out of their gear if they had more processing competence, myself included