The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Japan banks may hijack Olympus (Reuters)

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
No surprises. The Japanese wouldn't like a company that has "... 70 percent of the global market for diagnostic endoscopes" to end up on foreign hands, so they want to take control. Olympus is also an important, although not very profitable, part of Japanese photo heritage. Would Americans like to see the Kodak brand under Chinese ownership?

Tesselator

I think that's true - Americans don't really care. But that's mainly because of an INCREDIBLE lack of wisdom!!! Well, that and an overabundance of ignorance. I suppose it could have something to do with the amount of fluoride the average American consumes as well. <shrug>

MODERATOR WARNING: Comments like this have no place on a photo forum. I haven't deleted it so people can see this warning.

Last edited by a moderator:

CPWarner

I think that's true - Americans don't really care. But that's mainly because of an INCREDIBLE lack of wisdom!!! Well, that and an overabundance of ignorance. I suppose it could have something to do with the amount of fluoride the average American consumes as well. <shrug>
Tesselator, why don't you tell us what you really think! I can't imagine making such a grossly overstated, arrogant and ridiculous statement about the citizens of another country. But, this is about par for the course with you.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Tesselator, why don't you tell us what you really think! I can't imagine making such a grossly overstated, arrogant and ridiculous statement about the citizens of another country. But, this is about par for the course with you.
Has it ever occurred to you that Tesselator might not be Japanese?

CPWarner

Has it ever occurred to you that Tesselator might not be Japanese?
Yes, I have considered that question several times in the past. Based on a history of postings here, I have a guess. However, only one person can clear that up.

So Jorgen, Has it ever occurred to you that regardless of whether he is Japanese or not, what he said was offensive and has no place here in a photography forum? I really doubt that the moderators here want this forum to degrade to a bunch of geo-political bickering. While I also do not agree with the view expressed in the post that Tesselator replied to, Tesselator's response is out of line here.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
We all have our ways, and this subject more or less invites strong opinions. Tesselator is a great contributor to this and other forums and a helpful chap. If I disagree or not with him or others, why worry? It's the internet, and people have opinions. Sometimes they are off topic.

Terry

I came close to moderating out Tesselater's comment when it was written a day ago and decided against it at the time. Probably should have deleted it then. Yes, this is a photo forum and not a critique of citizenship. Let's get back to the regular scheduled programming or I will have to delete about the last 10 posts.

terry