The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Dazzed and confused :(

jonoslack

. . . and we mustn't forget Ricoh - lots to like about that GXR :)

Keith
Hi Keith
Indeed, we mustn't . . it's possible that they were the first to stump up for DNG (before Leica and Pentax) . . . or could it have been Epson with the R-D1 so it was inexcusable for me to miss them out.

Annna T

I´ve tried RawTherapee, XnView and the Olympus software and none will open the ORF files. This is becoming increasingly weird.
You must have a corrupted file then, because I was able to open the raw sample in both Raw Therapee and Olympus Viewer (I downloaded their last version in both cases).

The raw samples I got were put up by a French Website, but they took them down after a while (Olympus didn't want to see samples files other than jpegs of 1600 pixels in the longest side).

The results were quite different in Raw Therapee and in Olympus viewer. Those of Raw Therapee were very dark, but supported a push in the shadows very well. It really seems that there is a progress in the sensor or the data extracted from the sensor.

Rawfa

I´ve actually decided to wait a bit more. The OMD sounds like a winner but I want to hear and see more before making a thousand buck investment. Plus there are rumors saying that Oly´s next camera will be a pen with the OMDs´ sensor, which would suit my shooting style way more.

Brian Mosley

I'd like to see a minor redesign on the Pen, to do away with the fiddly rotating dial around the menu button... replace it with a top dial or something. The design needs to mature with each release.

Cheers

Brian

jonoslack

I'd like to see a minor redesign on the Pen, to do away with the fiddly rotating dial around the menu button... replace it with a top dial or something. The design needs to mature with each release.

Cheers

Brian
Ah, So, you won't be getting one Brian?

jonoslack

I'm not going to rush into anything Jono, will drop down to Focus I think - have a play first.

Cheers

Brian
I wish I had time - but unfortunately I don't this year - free tickets abound, but time doesn't (we're off to China in a fortnight and things need sorting first!).

all the best

jonoslack

Well, I'd rather be going to China :facesmack:

How's your mandarin?

Brian
Rubbish - but we're going to visit our son who's working there. . . and his mandarin at least exists (although I guess it's mostly bedroom mandarin).

. . . . and yes, I'd rather be going to China as well :)