The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Oly 45/f1.8 E-P3 [1 img]

Tullio

Very interesting. I have not been able to find any reference to a black version of this lens anywhere.

mbroomfield

The lens is out for delivery so I'll get it today, or tomorrow if I miss UPS (needs sig). I have to say that I was a bit suspicious as there was no description of the lens. I even googled the OM part number before ordering but came up empty. However I was ordering another lens from B&H so I added it in. I'll let you know what it is...for some reason it's $50 less that the other one that has the description and is clearly silver. B&H do offer grey market products but they are clearly marked.

Tullio

You might want to re-check your order to make sure it is the M.Zuiko 45mm and not something else.

mbroomfield

Yes I have. This is from my emailed order ...

Item Qty Item Description
RBO4518 1 M. Zuiko Digital ED 45mm f/1.8 Lens

and these are the p/n's of the 2 lenses
Silver B&H # OL4518 Mfr # V311030SU000
Ordered B&H # RBO4518 Mfr # V311030SU00B

Could be refurbished even though not described as such, if so then I'll see how it performs and make a decision on whether to keep it.

.. I'll update..

Tullio

I've never seen a company changing the color of a lens simply because it's refurbished. This is very peculiar and intriguing.

Tullio

Ah...now I get it. Well, as long as the lens is performing as it should, you got yourself a good deal.