The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

e410 test shot

A

asabet

I second the motion, Oly lenses are simply wonderful, even the kit lenses give wonderfull IQ
I third the motion. That's a great little kit! However, I'd recommend:

-E-520 - 2 lens kit w/ 14-42 and 40-150
-50/2 macro

That way you have the 14-42 for when you want to go really small and light. You can add the 12-60 later for the higher quality. Getting the 14-54 now puts you in that intermediate range. I think eventually you'd sell it to go smaller and/or higher quality.

Joan

I third the motion. That's a great little kit! However, I'd recommend:

-E-520 - 2 lens kit w/ 14-42 and 40-150
-50/2 macro

That way you have the 14-42 for when you want to go really small and light. You can add the 12-60 later for the higher quality. Getting the 14-54 now puts you in that intermediate range. I think eventually you'd sell it to go smaller and/or higher quality.
I'd agree with this, too, but unfortunately Dell doesn't have the 2 lens kit, only the body only or body + 14-42. (I'd do that and buy the 40-150mm used).

Then you could get the EX-25 with the 50mm macro, gives you 1:1 and better working distance for shooting the little critters, etc.

Isn't it fun spending other peoples' money (or Dell credit, as the case may be)? :ROTFL:

Robert Campbell

With all the talk here, I just had to go and look at the local [Swiss] mega-store today...they had a very good offer on the 410 twin lens set...but were out of 510s...but they did have a 520 twin lens set...it was more expensive...unfortunately, I preferred it to the 410...so I just had to get it...you lot are very good at spending my money :)

jonoslack

With all the talk here, I just had to go and look at the local [Swiss] mega-store today...they had a very good offer on the 410 twin lens set...but were out of 510s...but they did have a 520 twin lens set...it was more expensive...unfortunately, I preferred it to the 410...so I just had to get it...you lot are very good at spending my money :)
The 520 is lovely Bertie . . . and you got the image stabilisation - lucky old you.

I'm sure you'll be very happy together (much cheaper than a lawn massacre device).
:)

Robert Campbell

The 520 is lovely Bertie . . . and you got the image stabilisation - lucky old you.

I'm sure you'll be very happy together (much cheaper than a lawn massacre device).
:)
At least American lawn mowers come with instructions in American, which I more or less understand; where as buying here in Switzerland I have a choice of French, German or Italian manuals...and I couldn't find in them how to set the camera's menus to English...but I needn't have worried, it was already properly set :)

And it's a very nice camera; I think the grip suits my hands better than the 410.

jonoslack

At least American lawn mowers come with instructions in American, which I more or less understand; where as buying here in Switzerland I have a choice of French, German or Italian manuals...and I couldn't find in them how to set the camera's menus to English...but I needn't have worried, it was already properly set :)

And it's a very nice camera; I think the grip suits my hands better than the 410.
Yes indeed, I had a 510 for a bit, and really enjoyed it (it only went when I got the E3).

During all my camera excursions over the last few years, the Olympus 4:3 has been the only constant companion (well, let's be honest, I did sell out in jan 2004 and buy back in July).

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
You guys are just a bad influence. LOL Like I am not
Ordered it
14-54
40-150
50 macro
Extra Battery
Now to sneak it in the door. ROTFLMAO . No I am not that bad I will fess up

Guy Mancuso

Joan just read your comment , too late. I am not so sure about the 40-150 either read the reviews and they are okay. I may sell it if it does not work at least it was cheap reason I just said heck with it. I think with 10 percent off it was 269.00. Worth a shot

What is the best fast lens least in like 24,25 and 30mm there are a couple at 1.4

jonoslack

Joan just read your comment , too late. I am not so sure about the 40-150 either read the reviews and they are okay. I may sell it if it does not work at least it was cheap reason I just said heck with it. I think with 10 percent off it was 269.00. Worth a shot

What is the best fast lens least in like 24,25 and 30mm there are a couple at 1.4
Guy, it's a toy.
The leica 24 f1.4 is generally considered to be okay . . . . notable that Olympus have never produced anything less than f2, which, i think, is because they (unlike everyone else) stick to the telecentricity laws they set up, with the result that even the cheap lenses are good.

But this isn't a low light machine, so you really don't need fast lenses (IMHO of course).

Enjoy!

Guy Mancuso

Yea you are probably right , guess i was thinking more a bokeh sweetheart in the kit. Maybe the 50 macro might be good at it

jonoslack

Yea you are probably right , guess i was thinking more a bokeh sweetheart in the kit. Maybe the 50 macro might be good at it
Remember, you're talking big depth of field - the 50 macro could possibly be sharper than anything you've ever used . . . but it does have a big depth of field, even at f2.

I think the bokeh sweethearts are there, but its the 14-35 f2, and the 35-100 f2 . . . and they're big and VERY expensive.

Lili

@jonoslack, thanks she is rescue kitty, my Shadow Cat, Trippy follows me everywhere, she even brave the shower (if only for a second)
Gwynvor is a lovely name :)

Lili

This looks very good, Lili. But, for me, the color version provides some additional pizzazz that I like even better.
Ack!
Missed this post Joan, sorry!
I like both, but the image I Saw originally was the color one, it called to me as we drove by.

Robert Campbell

Lili, your last two pix are superb. The one of the cat is really delightful - we had a 'rescue' cat once - its mother left it on our doorstep - have you ever tried bottle feeding a tiny kitten?