The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The new Panasonic GF-5

V

Vivek

Features these scene settings:

Clear Portrait
Silky Skin
Backlit Softness
Clear in Backlight
Relaxing Tone
Sweet Child's Face
Distinct Scenery
Bright Blue Sky
Romantic Sunset Glow
Vivid Sunset Glow
Glistening Water
Clear Nightscape
Cool Night Sky
Warm Glowing Nightscape
Artistic Nightscape
Glittering Illuminations
Clear Night Portrait
Soft Image of a Flower
Appetizing Food
Cute Dessert
Freeze Animal Motion
Clear Sports Shot
Monochrome

It will be available in white, black and red with more options in Japan.

Panasonic's site has no information on it yet (they only list GF-2/GF-3) but every other site has details.

RichA

Features these scene settings:

It will be available in white, black and red with more options in Japan.

Panasonic's site has no information on it yet (they only list GF-2/GF-3) but every other site has details.
Definitely "down market" like the GF3 if they emphasize "scene modes." Panasonic has diverged the line, taking the GF into the cut-rate arena while creating the GX1 for those who didn't like the change from the quality GF1.

f6cvalkyrie

From the Panasonic fan page on Facebook :

Announced today, the new LUMIX GF5...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Hands On: A Mirrorless Camera That’s Actually for Beginners

Panasonic's new Lumix DMC-GF5 is incredibly similar to the Lumix GF3. It's got some spec bumps, and a design tweak or two, but the main difference is that the GF5 is much more approchable for novices.

V

Vivek

Yeah, for this money, there is no EVF. :(

Many P&S cams have a VF. Many of them bought by beginners.

Tullio

I don't think Panasonic will add EVF to the GF series. For that we need to go with the G or GH series.

Terry

I don't think Panasonic will add EVF to the GF series. For that we need to go with the G or GH series.
Which I think is fine. You have GF, G, GX, GH not a bad lineup. They all don't need to be the same.

Same style but low and high end of each
GF --> GX
G --> GH

Diane B

Agreed. You can add the aux. EVF to the Gx1, buy the G3 and GH2 if you want EVF and more options. There are great numbers of folks who don't give a hoot about a viewfinder (me not included) and want a very small form, so Panasonic is filling that want. I at first didn't think this would make much of a splash but I think I was wrong. i can see it as a great little second body, slip it into your pocket kind of camera--with terrific IQ.

biglouis

I really don't see the point of this camera but there must be a market somewhere for it!

Tullio

I personally prefer the GF1 body style. I really dislike the hump over the lens on the GF3 and now on the GF5.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
I really don't see the point of this camera but there must be a market somewhere for it!
I don't see the point with any camera without a VF, but then I'm a grumpy old man while the target group is probably cool young kids. I like the bumpy shape though. Kind of reminds me of the Olympus XA.