The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Hi There
I'm working on a web page for the Pink Lady Tractor Ride - but I've whittled it down to some 650 images (because there needs to be shots of all the ladies who took part). Then I need to pick a much smaller number for a simple web page.

in the meantime here are a few which struck me during the processing.

all the above take with the OMD and the Leica R 180 Apo f2.8

the next three were with the OMD and the humble Zuiko 14-150

m_driscoll

More from the Palouse. Check Ashwin Rao's excellent article on the Palouse with his Pentax 645D: Steve Huff Photos - Real World Digital Camera And Lens Reviews

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 70mm; 1/1000s @ f/8; +1/3 EV; ISO 200

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 70mm; 1/400s @ f/4.8; +1/3 EV; ISO 200

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 70mm; 1/200s @ f/6.3; ISO 200

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 70mm; 1/200s @ f/6.3; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 45mm; 1/1250s @ f/4.5; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

OM-D; 12mm F/2; 1/4000s @ f/2.2; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

OM-D; Panasonic 45-175mm F/4.0-5.6; 45mm; 1/250s @ f/10; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

p.s. sorry, kind of a downer after the cool pink and meaningful photos

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

Terry

Jono - looks like the ladies all enjoyed themselves...

Matt - you certainly shot a lot on your trip. So many good keepers.

pophoto

Matt for images this size, I think you and the OMD did a grand job, especially pointing out that Ashwin Rao did the same location with his 645D :)

DHart

Knorp... These samples of yours really demonstrate the superb image quality of the Pany 25/2.8. What a superb lens indeed and wonderful images.

As tradition has it, manuals are to be avoided.
So I set off today in that spirit only to find the camera playing tricks on me.
Decided not bother too much and just fired away.
Here a some with the PL 45/2.8

All the best.

DHart

Hi There
I'm slightly wondering if I shouldn't have bitten the bullet and bought the 7-14 (there's still time to change my mind!).

It seems to do a decent job though.
I have both the 9-18 and 7-14 and I like them both! BUT, if I were to keep just one, it would definitely be the 7-14... The extra 2mm is significant and there is an edge in IQ. Some of my samples with it

Another singing the praises - Pany 7-14mm lens - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

Not that the 9-18 is a slouch either.... Some of my images with the 9-18

http://www.mu-43.com/f38/singing-praises-zuiko-9-18mm-25354/

I tend to use the 7-14 as a 7mm prime lens, rarely zooming past 7mm. The 9-18 I use more as a walk around lens.

Last edited:

DHart

E-M5 with 14-140 lens

And from the same camera position, another view...
E-M5 with 14-140 lens

After reducing the number of Bison down to just 85, left in the entire country in the late 1800's, our US Buffalo Reserve and other locations have brought them back from the brink of extinction. Thankfully. These are amazing animals.

"Don't mess with me!" Taken on the National Buffalo Reserve near Flathead Lake, Montana.

m_driscoll

E-M5 with 14-140 lens

And from the same camera position, another view...
E-M5 with 14-140 lens

After reducing the number of Bison down to just 85, left in the entire country in the late 1800's, our US Buffalo Reserve and other locations have brought them back from the brink of extinction. Thankfully. These are amazing animals.

"Don't mess with me!" Taken on the National Buffalo Reserve near Flathead Lake, Montana.
Don: Your beautiful photos of our country fit right in with tonight's fireworks. :salute:

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

DHart

Don,
could I trouble you to enlighten me as to the settings, development method, whatever you did to get such drama out of your OMD? I find mine a touch bland sometimes.

Carlos
Carlos... I've been playing tourist with a motorhome, on a cross country USA trip for the last 7 months. Most of my images from this trip are travel/tourist style. I often shoot in P mode unless I need a specific aperture or shutter speed for various effect. I capture RAW only and develop in Lightroom4. Typically, I will adjust curves, bump clarity, vibrancy, and saturation. I also burn down the skies most of the time and sometimes open shadow areas a bit with curves. That's about it. After decades of earning a full time living as a commercial and portrait studio owner, I'm excited to have closed the studio, refused paying gigs, layed down the big guns and now just shoot purely for myself... with a large assortment of wonderful m4/3 gear. :). Life is good.