The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Knorp

Wow ! I'm really impressed by that picture, so impressed that I visited your website. The pictures I saw are the best street pictures I've seen in a long time on the internet. Congratulation.
+1 Absolutely, wonderful picture - makes me smile and feel happy !
That's a big leap from the mighty S2 to the humble E-M5, Kurt :)

All the best.

Knorp

Smashing Bart
What's the 100mm f4 that the lingerie and lighthouse shot reports? . . . . . my, those are BIG pants!
It's the Panny 100-300, somehow my C1 doesn't show the lens description in EXIF.
As for the BIG thingies: this is Marken ... :lecture:

But no, actually it is part of some kind of artists performance.
No one has a clue what it's all about, but it makes for a funny snap.
:rolleyes:

All the best.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Wow ! I'm really impressed by that picture, so impressed that I visited your website. The pictures I saw are the best street pictures I've seen in a long time on the internet. Congratulation.
+1

A fantastic collection of photos, Kurt. I also read some of your comments in between the photos and like and share your attitude towards street photography.

Your b&w conversions have a very nice combination of punch and smoothness. Is that a result of some special software or is it just skill?

Braeside

It's the Panny 100-300, somehow my C1 doesn't show the lens description in EXIF.
As for the BIG thingies: this is Marken ... :lecture:

But no, actually it is part of some kind of artists performance.
No one has a clue what it's all about, but it makes for a funny snap.
:rolleyes:

All the best.
LOL - I think they are doing the same kind of art installation in Sandend, Scotland. [Sorry X-Pro1 shot]

jonoslack

Still no kind of a summer around here (although it's supposed to get better next week).
Here's a few with the panasonic 12-35

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Anna, thanks for the nice compliment. Mostly, it's the people that I run into that do all of the hard work ... I just stand back and push a button.

Bart, I'm growing real fond of the OMD. Fast AF, a variety of lenses in a price range that means I can pick up a whole kit for a price less than a used Leica lens and a screen that I can use as a waist-level finder. Size is also a consideration as most who see the camera dismiss it and the person behind it. It should be a fun camera to bring back with me to Manila.

Jorgen, thanks for the +1. I've used Silver EFX for awhile and generally noodle around with the sliders on each shot. Most recently, I've been using one of the presets in LR4, seasoning the final result to how I'd like to see it.

scho

First walkabout in the local park with the Oly 75-300 on the OMD. All handheld with IBIS on. I didn't bother to touch up focus and just shot in s-af mode and autoISO. First two shots were at ISO 5000 and 4000.

kweide

Kissed by the sun
try to chase away the sad feelings

Olympus E-M5, M.Zuiko 45, noNR
ISO200 @ f1.8, 1/160 second, 45 mm focal length​

Annna T

This one stands out. I really like the composition.

PS : there should be a way to hit the I like button for each individual pictures, rather than for all the lot.

Still no kind of a summer around here (although it's supposed to get better next week).
Here's a few with the panasonic 12-35

scho

One shot with the Contax G 45mm f/2 Planar on the OMD. I think that either the 45 Planar or one of my fast MF 50's is all that I need right now to fill the gap between the 12-35 and 75-300 zooms in my OMD kit. I'll take a look at the upcoming 35-100 zoom this fall, but might still prefer the MF options in that focal length range.

JMaher

Carl,

The Contax 45 looks great. How is it to handle on the OM-D? I never tried to adapt one of these.

Do you like it better than the Olympus 45?

Jim

B

brian1208

A shot from a wander along our local coastline this morning using the Olympus 9-18 at 9mm.

scho

Carl,

The Contax 45 looks great. How is it to handle on the OM-D? I never tried to adapt one of these.

Do you like it better than the Olympus 45?

Jim
Jim,

The Contax G 45/2 is a very nice little lens that looks like it was made for the OMD when mounted (particularly the black one that I'm using). Probably would look even nicer when converted to an M mount. I'm currently using an old Kipon adapter right now. I don't have the Oly 45 so can't compare. Quickie iPhone pic of the Contax 45 mounted on the OMD, via Kipon adapter. The thumbwheel focus actually works well for me on the OMD, better than the newer large, focusing ring adapter which is too close to the lens mount.

Here is a snap of the left side showing the focusing wheel. Looks like it might be awkward, but I just rest my left index finger on top of the lens mount and my left thumb underneath is used to turn the wheel for focusing - works for me on the OMD, but I did not like it on the G1, EP1,2, or NEX.

Last edited: