The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

chrism

I have a Voigtlander Leica M to MFT adaptor coming, and it strikes me as worth asking if anyone has used Visoflex lenses with one? I assume there will be focussing limitations, perhaps infinity only? It's just that the idea of my Telyt 560mm becoming a 1120mm lens on the OM-D is too good not to try out!

Chris

jonoslack

HI Guys
Summer's over,
Here's one with the 12-35
Fuzzy Flint

Mike - love the KFP shot - and the Summer shot as well - splendid stuff!

Last edited:

Knorp

Wandering around the garden in the sunshine (really!)
Some with the 80-200 Leica R f4, the rest with the Panny 100-300
Perhaps you can tell which are which (exif should be there)

Poppy Heads

Lying in Wait
These two have something special about them, probably the Genko - the third - less so, but there's no denying that Leica glass stands out.

But all these are very fine and enjoyable shots, Jono.

All the best.

les

Hi Les...is that magnified view in the viewfinder or on the lcd? both?...
Hi Momo,

As you'll have gathered, on this forum - ask a question and you get several responders. That's great, particularly with the OM-D when there are so many ways to configure things to your own taste. For example, with legacy lenses Diane and I seem to approach things similarly - magnify, focus, then revert to full view. I use the Fn2 button to activate the magnification, while Diane uses the Rec button.
That chap Jono must be a contrarian since he gets there in a completely different way.......

Diane B

:OT: to start with. I just thought I would mention that I moved to the OMD because I am hoping i can just stop worrying about camera upgrades and get on with it for several years with the OMD. Its a terrifically fun camera to shoot with, IQ in raw is satisfying and I have a nice lens system to choose from. I love the options and have few niggles about the camera. Sort of stating the obvious but some do wonder I suppose.

I gave up upgrading my FF 5Ds and moved to a smaller system and I find it better than a compromise. I do print some also--and print up to 17x25 (used to have prints done much larger with less resolution cams for commercial work) and have decided enough.....

Diane

cjlacz

Beautiful windmill photos. I just don't see landscapes and clouds like that anymore. Love it.

Here are a few from the Sumidagawa fireworks festival in Tokyo last weekend. I think I finally figured out the trick to getting better photos, an ND filter. These were taking with an ND16 and a few with a ND400. The Live Bulb mode on the OM-D is great.

JMaher

The glow of tubes. Attended an audiophile meeting today. ISO 6400 - Lit primarily by the tubes themselves.

Jim

scho

A couple of shots taken today with the Contax G 45 f/2 on the OMD. Nice being able to hand hold at base ISO in dim lighting without having to resort to autoISO.

Rich M

A series with the Contax 100-300mm. Most everything shot in the 250-275mm range at f/4.5.

I am finding that in the 200-300mm range, the lowest shutter speed handheld for me is about 1/200 without getting microblur. So what is that?........about a two stop advantage with the IBIS? Whatever it is, it has made a sizable difference in the way I use this lens.

R

scho

One more from the local gorge walk. I liked the contrast between the sharp angles and lines in the gorge walls and smooth curves and surfaces in the stream bedrock. Contax G 45mm f/2 on OMD.