The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Mike Woods

Great images everyone!

Matt - interesting to see the degree of subject isolation available from that lens with this format. A keeper? Would be good to hear your thoughts.

Mike

kevinparis

Hi all

a little late to the party... had to wait to get my silver OMD.... but now had it a couple of weeks and have been roadtesting it in sunny california.... verdict so far..... pretty darned fine little camera

P8060214 by kevinparis, on Flickr

Been shooting a lot with the kit zoom, which is a great workhorse type lens... even in low light

P8010035 by kevinparis, on Flickr

a complete set of eclectic imagery for the California trip so far here

USA Summer 2012 - a set on Flickr

shot with kit zoom, pana 25, and 50-200... and maybe one leica 35 summilux in there somewhere

cheers

Kevin

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
I keep coming back to this one. Very nice, but only now spotted the head bottom right peeking into the frame :)

Mike
Thanks Mike. It's a picture of a couple of squatter families that live under an overpass. Every time I walk past I stop, take a few shots and spend a few moments talking with them.

jonoslack

Thanks Mike. It's a picture of a couple of squatter families that live under an overpass. Every time I walk past I stop, take a few shots and spend a few moments talking with them.
Hi Kurt - I keep coming back to it as well (and on facebook).
Apart from being a lovely photo (that little girl at the bottom) it epitomises what I like in photography, in that it's intimate, interesting, positive and absolutely not patronising. I guess it isn't great to live under an underpass (certain sure), but you've imbued these people with dignity and made a picture which I'm sure they would (do?) approve of.

It's something I also like about Jorgen's photography . . .maybe we should all live out in the east? (our Sim just flew to China for another year yesterday - we'll miss him - but!)

hooray hoorah I say - and thank you for presenting such a lovely and positive image.

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Hi Kurt - I keep coming back to it as well (and on facebook).
Apart from being a lovely photo (that little girl at the bottom) it epitomises what I like in photography, in that it's intimate, interesting, positive and absolutely not patronising. I guess it isn't great to live under an underpass (certain sure), but you've imbued these people with dignity and made a picture which I'm sure they would (do?) approve of.

It's something I also like about Jorgen's photography . . .maybe we should all live out in the east? (our Sim just flew to China for another year yesterday - we'll miss him - but!)

hooray hoorah I say - and thank you for presenting such a lovely and positive image.
Well said Jono (you're a real sweetie;):eek:)

jonoslack

The kit lens has a lot going for it - it's not as sharp as the Panasonic 12-35 . . . but it's 1/3 price, and it IS sharp. It's also very flexible, and the macro is a real winner.

From the Ridiculous to the Sublime:

The Long and Winding Road

Acanthus