The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Jono,

I'm always a sucker for roads and paths, especially your lovely English lanes. And--happy 60th.

Diane
Thank you - on both counts . . . Hans Albert has it all nailed down about paths and lanes, but they continue to resonate mysteriously with me. As for being 60, it's a bad move, but I failed to find the alternatives!

B

Beppigno

First post here, hello everybody.

I am a filmshooter, but I am giving a try to the Omd. I maust admit..not too bad.

Dalla serie: approccio noioso alla fotografia

Day..

Saved Photos-1668 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1694 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1693 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1672 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1661 di giusvio, su Flickr

And night..

Saved Photos-1704 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1703 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1702 di giusvio, su Flickr

Saved Photos-1701 di giusvio, su Flickr

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Hi Kurt - I keep coming back to it as well (and on facebook).
Apart from being a lovely photo (that little girl at the bottom) it epitomises what I like in photography, in that it's intimate, interesting, positive and absolutely not patronising. I guess it isn't great to live under an underpass (certain sure), but you've imbued these people with dignity and made a picture which I'm sure they would (do?) approve of.

It's something I also like about Jorgen's photography . . .maybe we should all live out in the east? (our Sim just flew to China for another year yesterday - we'll miss him - but!)

hooray hoorah I say - and thank you for presenting such a lovely and positive image.
Thanks Jono, that's very kind of you. I believe that being here has made me a better person and hopefully, a better photographer.

You learn a lot about a photographer's peace with him/herself when you take a look at how they photograph others ... especially those who don't have much. There's so much that one can learn from others who have the strength of character to form such wonderful communities, positivity and warmth of spirit in spite of very difficult life obstacles.

I think that we all want to feel that we matter. I feel that if my photographs don't deliver a feeling that the humanity of the subject matters, then I've failed.

Here are a couple of images with the 25/1.4 from Wednesday. I started walking right into a tropical rainstorm. Realizing I left my umbrella at home, I stopped under an awning in front of a little neighborhood store. A friendly Filipino named Mody saw my predicament, found out that I was several miles away from where I lived and lent me his umbrella as his house was right across the street. He had no worries wether or not he would get his umbrella back ... he simply acted with kindness.

It's Raining Again

Cleaning Out The Storm Drain

Last edited:
B

brian1208

Some action shots using the 75-300, it was all going so beautifully until he caught an edge

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Beautiful Kurt, what are you using for processing.
I've been a SilverEFX Pro fan for a long while and have been very happy with the results. I especially like that you can easily use one of the tools to dodge and burn on specific parts of the image.

Lately, however, I've been using Lightroom 4 quite a bit. I simply start with one of the black and white presets and make adjustments to shape the image to how I'd like to see it. Most of the time, the adjustments are minor and I spend just a minute or two on each image.

RavenMad

More from the kit 12-50 and my garden:

I really like how this lens/camera renders purples - seems to have a nice warmth and 'lushness':