The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

peterc

the OM-D worked in my favor yesterday with the solar eclipse, the EVF saved me the trouble of having to wear eye protection, but the weather wasn't on my side. Crazy thick marine layer (southern california) hid the sun from us so we were heading back in land but the sun peeped through right around the time for max coverage, so just pulled over on the side of the road and got in a few shots before the marine layer covered it up again.

loving the small, lightweight package even with the panny 100-300!

solar eclipse 2012 (southern california) by ohitspetey, on Flickr

etrigan63

My OM-D has landed! (Thanks Monza!) Charging up the battery and will try to post something meaningful tomorrow!

Terry

the OM-D worked in my favor yesterday with the solar eclipse, the EVF saved me the trouble of having to wear eye protection, but the weather wasn't on my side. Crazy thick marine layer (southern california) hid the sun from us so we were heading back in land but the sun peeped through right around the time for max coverage, so just pulled over on the side of the road and got in a few shots before the marine layer covered it up again.

loving the small, lightweight package even with the panny 100-300!
The marine layer makes it look really cool!

Glenn

Glenn,
The shots look gook. Not sure on the first two how warm the coloring looks in that building.There is a white balance setting to cool down the color a bit under lower indoor lights. I have the warm color turned off. If you have it on, I would experiment with the same scene to see what you get on vs off.

I particularly like the last shot with your framing.
Thanks Terry, the place really has that warm hue. I can't take any more pics there as I'm 6000 miles away, at home now!

Glad you like the last one, it is the Scott Monument in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Jonas

Glad you like the last one, it is the Scott Monument in Edinburgh, Scotland.
And a terrific monument it is. You captured it from an unusual perspective. I think that was good thinking by you. It was so easy to get really boring images of the great place (well, I got boring ones only).

Glenn

And a terrific monument it is. You captured it from an unusual perspective. I think that was good thinking by you. It was so easy to get really boring images of the great place (well, I got boring ones only).
Thanks Jonas

etrigan63

Happy birthday, Carlos !
In what country do they serve beer like that ????

C U
Rafael
In the USA, my friend. The country that brought you Prohibition is currently undergoing a beer brewing renaissance with dozens of microbreweries popping up all over the place and, apparently, Miami, FL is a major center. My wife and I want try a place later this week that serves mango beer.

jonoslack

Hmm it's not my birthday, but I've been waiting for this present for a while, and Emma and I picked it up today . . . .

OMD and 25 PL
It's just like the old one . . . but not quite!

Knorp

Hmm it's not my birthday, but I've been waiting for this present for a while, and Emma and I picked it up today . . . .

OMD and 25 PL
It's just like the old one . . . but not quite!
Yes, seeing that red badge this one definitely has more umpf than the old one ... :D

Happy shooting ... err .. driving !