The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Tesselator

It looks good!

Very sensible tone mapping!

Nice!

Wait... that's the huntington pier? I guess it's been too long - i didn't even recognize it at first... :p

etrigan63

Got an opportunity to shoot some young singers performing on stage last night. Armed the OM-D with a Zuiko 50mm f/1.4 (I was in the third row) and took a whirl at manually focussing in fairly low light.

Mel - "You Raise Me Up" by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Lens was set to f/4, all other data in the exif.

jonoslack

We seem to be in Cornwall
What a lovely drive in 28 C temperatures with the hood down.

the hedgerows are wonderful . . . .

etrigan63

Thanks Peter.

This piqued my interest and I revisited one of my earlier posts to give it the Photomatix treatment. Thus I present "Waiting for Alice HDR":

Waiting for Alice HDR by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

I think that Photomatix does a stellar job bringing up the details in an OM-D file. ORF file imported directly into Photomatix Pro (latest version), processed into 16-bit TIFF, opened in AfterShot Pro (latest version) for framing and JPG export.

chrism

In a small and possibly rather strange circle I have a certain reputation for the collection and use of straight razors. The OM-D kit lens does quite nicely at making photos of these:

This is the razor I shaved with this morning!

Chris

les

Nice one Glenn, a fine view on what looks like a perfect day.
The cost of the trams hasn't affected the grass cutting budget then.......

raist3d

I'm holding a dummy copy of it while shooting with the real thing. :)

So those horses are just a printed (I think air-brush art) pic on the other side of some clear plastic. All of the knobs, buttons, and doors open, press, and turn but there's no guts in it. No glass in the lens either. :D (Of the one pictured in the image there).
No offense Tess, but an ISO 25600 shot at 1/500 with F13.0 doesn't tell much at all, of how the camera really handles that ISO in real world situations. You have plenty of light. My Olympus e-300 from years ago takes decent ISO 1600 shots at high noon.

- Raist

bcaslis

Only had the camera about a day, but certainly loving it now that I've figured out some of the settings. Can't understand why some options are set a default opposite what someone would use. The writer of the manual should be shot for the explanation of some these.

Last edited:

Glenn

Nice one Glenn, a fine view on what looks like a perfect day.
The cost of the trams hasn't affected the grass cutting budget then.......
Thanks Les, all the people on the left brought a goat each to trim the grass.....:D