The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

chrism

I have a Voigtlander Leica M to MFT adaptor coming, and it strikes me as worth asking if anyone has used Visoflex lenses with one? I assume there will be focussing limitations, perhaps infinity only? It's just that the idea of my Telyt 560mm becoming a 1120mm lens on the OM-D is too good not to try out!

Chris

But it was too good to be true; they don't seem to focus at any distance.:(

The good news is the ordinary M lenses.....:D

Chris

jonoslack

Hmm OMD and the wedding of an old friend, and a new friend who is a professor at Trinity College Cambridge (lovely place for a wedding!)

It was rather a delight not to be responsible for the snaps . . . until I realised that nobody else was responsible either - I only had the OMD, the 12-35 and the 45 f1.8, no flash, and one half full battery!

There are lots more of course, but the camera performed excellently - I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a wedding professionally with it.

scho

A couple of recent, miscellaneous OMD shots.

Slim, the "Squirrel Proof" bird feeder cracker extraordinaire, Olympus 75-300

Pinnacle rock, Lumix 12-35 f/2.8

Diane B

Jono,
So glad you had camera in hand. You did admirably (would we expect less?!?)--love the one of the two women.

I have to say--again--I'm rather smitten by the OMD. I really must post something LOL.

Diane

Diane B

Such nice shots being posted. Two lenses that really are calling to me are the 45/1.8 (I have the 45/2.8 and will keep it) and the 12-35/2.8. But--I must buy a new computer and am contemplating switching after being a Windows person since Windows becameth...... The Ipad(s) have done their job proselytizing LOL. So lenses are a bit on back burner I suppose, esp, the 12-35.

Diane

Knorp

Great stuff, Jono :thumbs:
Now don't tell me you shot 300+ photos with one half full battery !
But next time don't take the risk and be prepared - people are counting on you ... :p

All the very best.

jonoslack

Jono,
So glad you had camera in hand. You did admirably (would we expect less?!?)--love the one of the two women.

I have to say--again--I'm rather smitten by the OMD. I really must post something LOL.

Diane
Thank you Diane - it's wonderful how you snap into the situation when it's needed . . . and of course I always have a camera in hand, but if I'd known it would have been an M9.

Still, the OMD was excellent - very little intervention required, even with really tricky lighting against sunny windows. Focusing is ridiculously fast, the EVF shows exactly how much exposure compensation is needed. The number of technical keepers was really high.

I'm rathe smitten by it too!

all the best

ps . . . . get a mac!

scho

Couple more geology shots from the gorge walk series.

A pothole in the limestone bedrock. There are many of these in this particular stream and they vary in diameter from about a foot up to 5-6 ft and depths up to 10-12 ft. Most are perfectly cylindrical in shape.

Just trying out the automated HDR script in CS6. This image was generated from 5 bracketed raw shots.

Braeside

First time out for the OM-D (with Panasonic 100-300mm lens) at the waterski club:

Actually it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be, though I do need a faster card for burst shooting.

Last edited:

Braeside

Thanks Jono, yes I remembered your advice from your surfing photos and used S-AF.

Last ones from a lovely evening here, oh to be young again and have good knees:

Waterscreen:

Knorp

Excellent action shots, David :thumbup:
And isn't that P100-300 one heck of a lens ?
Thought so !

All the best.

m_driscoll

Completely frivolous shots of what's behind me while I make this post. New Voigtlander Nokton 17.5 mm F/0.95 lens. I , also, just noticed a prop is missing from my father's B-17 (cats?).

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/60s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 2500

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/80s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 640

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/60s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 3200

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/60s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 2000

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/80s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 1600

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/80s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 1600

E-M5; CV 17.5mm f/.95; 1/80s @ f/.95; -1/3 EV; ISO 2500

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll