The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

etrigan63

From the Bon Festival - a local version of the Japanese Obon Festival held at the Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens in Delray Beach, FL.

IMG_20120818_0073 by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Lanterns by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Lantern Ceremony by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Taiko Drum Performance by Carlos Echenique, on Flickr

Bon (Obon in Japan) is similar to the Day of the Dead in Mexico. In this case, it is believed that the spirits of our relatives who have passed on are allowed to visit us on that day. The lanterns are inscribed with messages to the deceased and that the lanterns, when consumed by the candles that light them, will guide the spirits of our loved ones back to heaven.

It is a festive occasion marked with a street fair and live musical performances, such as the Taiko drummers in the last shot. This year's event was delayed due to heavy rains in the afternoon (about 3 inches fell) which put a damper on my shooting the street fair.

All photos handheld with either the Starblitz 24mm f/2.8 or the Zuiko OM 50mm f/3.5. ISO 3200, processed in Lightroom 4.1.

m_driscoll

Everybody: great work! :thumbs:

Haven't been here in a while. Here's a mixed lot. The Blue Angels photo is an extreme crop.

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/400s @ f/8; ISO 200

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/80s @ f/1.8; ISO 250

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/640s @ f/2; ISO 200

E-M5; 75mm f/1.8; 1/640s @ f/2; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll

srtiwari

Cleaning Out The Storm Drain

Really like your images, both here and on your website.
I love B+W work, and have just bought an Olympus OM-D, and the Panny 25/1.4.
Wonder if you would share some your techniques, and post-processing workflow ? You manage to bring out a lovely combination of sharpness and tonality !

jonoslack

Sizewell B - the last Nuclear Power station built in the UK (so far)

Dangerous beach snake, possibly caused by radiation from Sizewell B . . . Caspar investigates

Both taken with the humble 12-50 kit lens

gandolfi

Subscriber Member
Dangerous beach snake,

I thought it was Caspar's lead.

This is some camera innit I just scrolled down this whole freakin' page:eek::bugeyes:

f6cvalkyrie

Dangerous Dog, clearly showing signs of brain damage caused by serious irradiation .... the brave beachsnake investigates ... but decides to leave it alone .... TOO DANGEROUS :D:D

RavenMad

Inspired by FlyPenFly's great watch shots, I thought I'd try a couple just for kicks. Nothing fantastic here but just toying with ideas and the kit 12-50. All shots had minimal setup and were taken handheld by lamplight. Vignetting added and highlights knocked back just a fraction in LR4:

This one's not the best IQ but I kinda like the composition (albeit very simple). Sorry about the scratched crystal! :)

Critiques welcome!

Braeside

Hi Folks, on a terribly slow link from the Cotswolds, so will be brief. I'm patiently waiting for all the photos on this page loading...

Here goes with an upload (OM-D 17-35) taken in the pub.

Will comment on the latest when I eventually get to see them.

From David - somewhere in the Cotswolds, still looking for his lost OM-D eye cup.

Snide

New OMD user. I really like this camera. Coming from FF the DOF is something that takes getting used to though.

Oly 45mm + MCON-PO1 Macro Converter

Experiment in excess. :)

Pany/Leica 25mm