The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

Lots of great shots.
David - thank you for the birthday wishes - fishing on the Amberley looks like a good idea.

Another good old chicken shot - this time handheld with the Leica 180mm f2.8 APO

all the best

Braeside

Ah! - Nice chicken shot Jono. We had a great time down in Englandshire, and all of the Bed & breakfast places had their own chickens and fresh eggs for breakfast. It was hot enough in Cambridge to fry the eggs on the pavements as well!

Amberley horses at dusk: (It was truly very dark).

Last edited:
D

Devon Shaw

David, I had a friend trying to talk me into moving to Scotland recently. Your photographs certainly do not belay the temptation.

Near the new home (basement) in DC,

Braeside

David, I had a friend trying to talk me into moving to Scotland recently. Your photographs certainly do not belay the temptation.
Thanks, yes, the grass is always greener on the other side. Its good to visit other places and enjoy life through a rose tinted lens, but there is no place like home.

This last week we were down in Cambridge, England for a conference (with a tour of Bletchley Park thrown in) and then took our time visiting a friend in Amberley with a tour round the outdoor working museum there, then on to Arundel & Chichester, a night in the Cotswolds, returning via the city of Oxford, and a tour of Warwick Castle and then home. The weather was mostly perfect and the scenery and architecture a joy. Everyone we met or spoke to was very pleasant, it seemed idyllic though I expect that if we dug down deeper we would find as many problems as we all experience in living in our own locality.

The nice thing with photography is that you can try and isolate the bits of life that you want to, whether that be the good or the bad, depending on your mood .

By all means visit Scotland though!

Your new place in DC looks very like parts of the UK, the first could be anywhere in England if the double yellow lines were white.

f6cvalkyrie

While we wait for the scarecrows, let's enjoy the swifts that are flying around the moon :D:D

OM-D with Micro-Nikkor 200/4 (tonemapped)

C U,
Rafael

m_driscoll

Dog grooming in Colfax, WA; fields of Canola; Ed and Ashwin in the Canola.

E-M5; 12mm f/2; 1/1600s @ f/2; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; 12mm f/2; 1/4000s @ f/2.2; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/2000s @ f/4; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/250s @ f/10; -1/3 EV; ISO 200

E-M5; Panasonic 45-175mm; 45mm; 1/320s @ f/10; -2 EV; ISO 200

Cheers, Matt

Zenfolio | Matt Driscoll