The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Knorp

Bart, was this a statue or the actual critter? If the latter, how was it holding it's breath (crawfish are water breathers, not amphibious)?
Hi there Carlos,

it's the real thing - alive-'n-kickin' - threatening with its little claws.
It was a very rainy day and I'm sure it has means of keeping its gills moist and so providing oxigen while crawling over land.
In fact I saw three living animals, but also many emptied body shells and scattered claws and legs.
I wondeer what animal would eat it; crows, hedgehogs, rats ?

Oh, they originate from America btw.

Thanks and all the best.

etrigan63

Hi there Carlos,

It was a very rainy day and I'm sure it has means of keeping its gills moist and so providing oxigen while crawling over land.
In fact I saw three living animals, but also many emptied body shells and scattered claws and legs.

Oh, they originate from America btw.

Thanks and all the best.
Raccoons, probably.

jonoslack

Hi there Carlos,

other crayfish would eat it . . . . and any of our family!

RavenMad

Had the family over on the weekend so gave the Helios 58mm f/2 a whirl. Pretty happy with this one. Converted to B&W in LR4 but otherwise its straight OOC:

JMaher

Thanks to David, Mike, srtiwari, f6cvalkyrie. I had fun getting the photo to blend with the painting in Museum Muse.

Jim

JMaher

Things break!

Took my OM-D out of the bag this afternoon and there was no image on the back screen. After looking it over carefully there were 3 faint lines on the screen under the outermost glass. The glass itself was perfect. I certainly didn't subject the camera to anymore stress than I have any of my others over the years - no falls or crashes, etc.

Anyone else have this problem so far?

It's on it's way to Olympus repair later today.

Jim

Last edited: