The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

B

brian1208

an amazing circus series Bart the last set are outstanding! I'm impressed by how well the 14-140 has handled the lighting and action (under your control of course :salute: )

les

I sense a potential competition here - get out Google Maps.

Seems to me the second shot has the best clues - suggestion of one of West Lothian's shale bings, the outline of the city, and what could be windmills or pylons on the horizon, maybe the Pentlands ?
So, my entry would be somewhere around Kirkliston, maybe Standingstanes Road.

Glenn

I sense a potential competition here - get out Google Maps.

Seems to me the second shot has the best clues - suggestion of one of West Lothian's shale bings, the outline of the city, and what could be windmills or pylons on the horizon, maybe the Pentlands ?
So, my entry would be somewhere around Kirkliston, maybe Standingstanes Road.
Close but no cigar. All taken from virtually the same spot, look deep into no.3 and you will see why it can't be Kirkliston.

les

Ah well, this one looking over to Fife, with probably the Road Bridge Towers visible, so somewhere round about the A904.........but I could be very wrong.
Of course if I had the full size original images I could really cheat and avoid the guessing!

Cheers

Glenn

Ah well, this one looking over to Fife, with probably the Road Bridge Towers visible, so somewhere round about the A904.........but I could be very wrong.
Of course if I had the full size original images I could really cheat and avoid the guessing!

Cheers
...or I could just tell you :D

les

Well you believe that you know an area, but in truth maybe not as well as you thought (or maybe it's the old donart gene). My original thoughts were looking East(ish) based on Braeside's breakfast comment, but I see now that it's likely a sunset rather than a sunrise.
Anyway we'd better move on before we get severely rapped on the knuckles for straying way off topic.

250swb

Early morning fog.

This was with the 12-50mm, a lens I continue to be impressed with despite having the 12-35mm Panasonic as well.

Steve

cjlacz

A few prints from the joint review session yesterday. All taken with the E-M5 and Panasonic 20mm lens. I really love this combo, but I'm looking forward to the new Olympus 17mm lens.

dhsimmonds

About time I posted some images from my recent trip to the Southern Greek Islands of the Cyclades.

First our trusty steed the motor sailor "Galileo". She is 197 feet long with three Bermudan rigged mainsails and three head sails, not to mention two huge Caterpillar diesel engines. Very comfortable, great crew, scrumptious food! We were able to sail right into the islands without requiring a commercial port, often anchoring off a sheltered coast for a swimming stop off the boat on the way.

The OMD behaved impeccably........I didn't!! The bar was just so good!:ROTFL:

I used the 12-50 for most of my images including these.