The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

RavenMad

Thanks for your comment, Jono - love that one of the Sea Squills! The church one has lots of impact too.

Nothing serious here - was just having some fun playing around with the 'Diorama' art filter and the 12-50:

jonoslack

Excellent - makes everything look like models.
We're off to Venice at the beginning of November - I guess there won't be any t-shirts and sitting outside then!
Hopefully the weather will be okay for photography though.

all the best

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks, Jono. Here's YAZP - Yet Another Zion Pic - OM-D, Panasonic 12-35/2.8 at the wide end:

Best,

Matt

RavenMad

Thanks Jono. We were in Venice in early September and the weather was great - as you say, probably getting a bit cool for t-shirts and outside now though.

I have a few more shots taken with the diorama filter but those four were probably the best ones. I reckon the filter works best when your shooting angle is high and your subject is framed in close with walls or other high objects - that makes the subject seem even more 'toy-like'.

Got lucky with this one. Was walking through a street market in Amsterdam when the missus wanted to look at some clothes inside one of the shops (of course!) The sunlight was coming in from a window at just the right angle and fell on this t-shirt:

(Oly 35-70 @ 1/13)

This from the Amsterdam botanic gardens:

(Oly 12-50 macro @ 1/80 f/6.0)

Bryan Stephens

Workshop Member
From the Zion Workshop: I brought an OM-D and a Cambo/IQ140. The Oly is a lot easier to use! :cool: And it can do a fabulous job. Here is with the Panasonic 12-35/2.8.

Best,

Matt
You were just to the left of me when you shot this, and I believe Jack was in the middle and higher up on the rocks for his capture.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
It was a nice cliff, wasn't it? Damned photogenic canyon. :)

I like your more dramatic processing, but didn't want to just copy you.

--Matt

Last edited:
B

brian1208

my first large pano with the EM-5 + 60mm macro. Shot from the top of Hengistbury Head (an Iron Age village location and SSSI) overlooking our harbour on one of the few really sunny days recently. There was a massive tide which filled the harbour to the brim and I reckon every single sailing boat in the region was out on the water. Who needs the South of France :)

Created from 20+ images the finished file is a monster of over 120,000 pixels on the longest side and is destined to become a tryptich canvas of 9ft. (I've just finished a 4ft version on lustre paper from my epson R3000 which will be going into a local exhibition in a couple of weeks and it looks rather fine :)

Don't know how its going to show here but here goes anyway

RavenMad

I waited for ages for all the people to move out of this shot but took a couple anyway while they were still there - never did get one with no-one in it but I think this one kinda works anyway.

Musee d'Orsay, Paris

B

brian1208

A Black Kite shot with the 75-300 at a local Hawk Conservancy, cropped by around 30% but otherwise much as it came from the camera