The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Hi Jorgen
I did some side by side comparisons with the 45 f1.8 and the Elmarit 90 on the M9 today. . . . I'm afraid my resistance to the 75 is crumbling daily.

Tell me I should wait for the black one!

all the best
The only problem I see with the 75mm is that the status of some of the old gods seems to be crumbling. The Zeiss 85/1.4 that I always carried with me when using m4/3 hasn't seen much use since the arrival of the Zuiko. The latter is just as nice as the Zeiss and much, much sharper wide open, not to mention more flare resistant etc. The 85 still works fine on the RX though, the Contax RX mind you :)

dhsimmonds

Jono and Jorgen (as I write this you sound like twins!)

The 75 mZuiko is a really good lens and yes Jono, I do have the silver copy on a black body as it improves the image quality immensely!:thumbup: The outfit then looks cr*p but it is always the image that counts for me!

In fact the mZuiko primes are generally very good as are the two PanaLeica mFT prime lenses. Pity you weren't at Harrogate to hear the Panasonic lecture at the Fellowship meeting Jono as there was some very interesting info to be gleaned there about future Leica DG lenses.:clap:

jonoslack

Well, I always rather liked silver lenses on black bodies. . . . .
I'm finding it terribly difficult to resist . . . .

jonoslack

Okay Okay Okay - so I cracked.
WEX photographic was only a 10 minute drive from the filling station. . . and they had one in stock (it's a dangerous place to live!).

I will post snaps later.

jonoslack

HI There
So . . . . even as I bought the lens the sun went in and the wind turned to gale force proportions. We walked to the pub (Matty's first trip) the dust from the fields was blowing in great clouds, and then it started to rain. . . . just what one would expect having bought a new lens. . . . . . . . still, I did get a couple of snaps

I think they were all shot at f1.8 (it was dark) with my lovely shiny new 75

Pete the Landlord at the Cross Keys

Tulip and brick wall

John (3200 ISO)

Adnams or Wherry?

Matty - the first trip to the pub

Knorp

Yes, time and technology has definitely caught up with m43.
But no, it's actually the lenses that caught up ... :lecture:

Congrats Jono, but it took you a long while to succumb ... :D

All the best.

jonoslack

On another note: Matty is much too young for the pub ... :chug:

All the best.
Thank you Bart - I did wait for a long time - it is a lovely lens, and much smaller than I'd thought. As for taking Matty to the pub - they're relaxed in these rural areas!

jonoslack

Fair enough, but perhaps you're not having the hood ?
I love chrome, but this is a 'big sucker' even to my standards.

:worthless:

All the best.
HI Bart
I haven't bought the hood . . . I don't use them much, I've found that for wides they're useless, and for telephotos hands make really good shades.

All the best

jonoslack

Two from today with the Olympus 9-18 zoom (it's fine, but I wish I hadn't been a skinflint, and I'd gone for the Panasonic 7-14)

Stormy Skies

jonoslack

Two Landscapes and a tulip . . . all with the 75 f1.8 (it really is lovely - how do I stop myself buying the 12!!!!)

Bier Lane

Quiddenham

Just One Tulip (the muntjack deer have eaten all the rest)

benroy

Subscriber Member
Lovely stuff, Jono. The church steeple peeking out in the background of the field rows, and the trees are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Roy Benson