The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

benroy

Subscriber Member
I don't like the OMD...easy to handle (with battery/grip) and EVF is good...but...buttons are too small and too close together...my fat fingers are always hitting two buttons at the same time...exposures/metering very inconsistent...the LENSES, however, are superb and worth all the fussing.

I'd get rid of the OMD(s) in a heartbeat if the new EM-1 can correct the tiny button problems and the inconsistent exposures...or maybe the Panasonic GH3?

Last edited:

f6cvalkyrie

From a soon to be demolished villa in our village, maybe the last shots while it's still upright :(:(

E-M5 with 7-14mm @ 7mm, 5-shot HDR edited in NIK HDR EFEX

C U,
Rafael

f6cvalkyrie

From a concert last Saturday

E-M5 with Nikkor 50/1.4 on the Metabones Speedbooster
Effectif FOV 35mm equivalent : 70/f1.0

C U,
Rafael

Brian Mosley

From our Safari Group event at the Donna Nook seal sanctuary this morning...

E-M5 + Lumix 100-300mm f4-5.6
1/320s f/5.6 at 300.0mm iso320

Cheers

Brian

Thorkil

First of all I would like to say, that you all just post so many Sharp and wonderfull Pictures here.
But would like to bother with a question:
I presume that iso 3200 is the highest level for a good looking OMD Picture right?, or?
second: the oly 12-60 2.8-4.0 4/3 is still highly recommended, even compared to the 12-40, or..................?
thorkil

mazor

First of all I would like to say, that you all just post so many Sharp and wonderfull Pictures here.
But would like to bother with a question:
I presume that iso 3200 is the highest level for a good looking OMD Picture right?, or?
second: the oly 12-60 2.8-4.0 4/3 is still highly recommended, even compared to the 12-40, or..................?
thorkil
From my recent adventures with the EM1, I would say ISO 6400 is somewhat usable, do not enlarge too much or crop in.

Obviously looking at a price point, 12-60 is a much more economical solution compared to the new 12-40, but you get what you pay for. The 12-40 is 1 stop faster at the tele end which not only benefits low light, but also with defocused backgrounds and narrow depth of field.

That being said, if you have the E-M1 OMD, the 12-40mm pro lens is a perfect match for this body, and the focus speeds and tracking is really impressive.

Elderly

I went on a 'Once in lifetime' safari with just my EM-5 and the cheap 14-150.
I've gone off 'gear' since retiring, wanted to travel very light, and I didn't want to make the obvious text book animal close-ups using long lenses.

This was taken at 45mm.

Ian.