The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

jonoslack

:OT: Because of its deep pink colour, is it really Bladder Campion (Silene Vulgaris) ?

Kind regards.
Hi Bart
always my policeman (thank you) I was being too quick (and I've changed the label so that's correct)

It is actually Silene dioica - the Red Campion - which I guess you knew.

:cry::cry::cry: to be so inaccurate and lazy
:clap::clap::clap::thumbup: for putting me back on the straight and narrow

all the best

Knorp

Hi Bart
always my policeman (thank you) I was being too quick (and I've changed the label so that's correct)

It is actually Silene dioica - the Red Campion - which I guess you knew.

:cry::cry::cry: to be so inaccurate and lazy
:clap::clap::clap::thumbup: for putting me back on the straight and narrow

all the best
Actually, I never heard of Red Campion: so there you go and so far for being your policeman ... :eek:
Pfff - you're the 'green guy' after all ... :D

All the very best.

Annna T

Please avoid pictures which are larger than 1200 pixels in the largest dimension : we won't see those larger pictures at the resolution you hope, because the GetDpi software will reduce them to 1200pixels anyway. However, this down sampling isn't occurring on the GetDpi server but on each user's machine.

What does that means ? If you are in a somewhat slower connexion, or on a not so powerful tablet, those pictures takes hours to download and then you need to wait until every picture is converted. When the number of pictures in a page is high, like in the "fun with" threads, it becomes even more painful. And that is useless, because we don't see these pictures at the resolution you want.

I'll be in the move and in a slow connexion with an iPad for the next three months.. So I thank you all in advance.

You can always add a link to the bigger picture before/after the std 1200 picture.

Annna T

Bart, just for info, your trick doesn't work when using the iPad Air and Safari;
I see the two halves one under the other. Things work when Barry post two halves in order to get a portrait format. Are you trying to achieve something in landscape format ?

Last edited:

Annna T

From my window using the E-M5 and 40-150mm F2.8 plus the 1.4 converter. Equivalent focal length 410mm.

This is a geai des chênes (aka "oaks jay")

I give up : there is noway to include a picture using the iPad : I have uploaded the pictures here in GetDpi albums, but I can't copy the picture URL link : the box containing the link doesn't show the complete link, there is no option to select the whole text and noway to drag the selection past the box to include the text that isn't shown up. I have to go now and will try to upload the picture elsewhere later.

In the mean time you can look here : http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members...eai-des-chênes-litterally-oaks-jay-my-window/

And here :

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members/annna-t/albums/from-my-windows/7802-a/

Last edited:

scho

From my window using the E-M5 and 40-150mm F2.8 plus the 1.4 converter. Equivalent focal length 410mm.

This is a geai des chênes (aka "oaks jay")

I give up : there is noway to include a picture using the iPad : I have uploaded the pictures here in GetDpi albums, but I can't copy the picture URL link : the box containing the link doesn't show the complete link, there is option to select the whole text and noway to drag the election past the box to include the text that isn't shown. I have to go now and will try to upload the picture elsewhere later.

In the mean time you can look here : http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members...eai-des-chênes-litterally-oaks-jay-my-window/

And here :

http://www.getdpi.com/forum/members/annna-t/albums/from-my-windows/7802-a/
Control click on the image and select copy image address from the drop down menu. Paste the address from clipboard into the insert image box.

Annna T

Control click on the image and select copy image address from the drop down menu. Paste the address from clipboard into the insert image box.
Thanks Carl. The problem lies with the iPad not with the desktop : something has changed; formerly with a long pressure on the picture i was getting a dropdown menu with four options, including that of copying the link of the picture to the keyboard. Now there are only two options left : copy and save the picture, but you solved my problem for the moment, people can view it in the thread. So thanks.

Knorp

Bart, just for info, your trick doesn't work when using the iPad Air and Safari;
I see the two halves one under the other. Things work when Barry post two halves in order to get a portrait format. Are you trying to achieve something in landscape format ?
Hi there Annna,

frankly, I didn't realise this before, but indeed checking my iPad Air, capable of 2048x1536 I think, my landscape trick doesn't work unfortunately.
A little odd, as my combined image is only 1800 pixels wide.

:OT: I tried to respond to your message from my iPad yesterday, but no way I could enter text ! The virtual keyboard just froze up and I had to stop Safari.
Very strange because in another thread I found no problem entering and posting a reply.

Thank you for your feedback and kind regards.

Annna T

Hi there Annna,

frankly, I didn't realise this before, but indeed checking my iPad Air, capable of 2048x1536 I think, my landscape trick doesn't work unfortunately.
A little odd, as my combined image is only 1800 pixels wide.

:OT: I tried to respond to your message from my iPad yesterday, but no way I could enter text ! The virtual keyboard just froze up and I had to stop Safari.
Very strange because in another thread I found no problem entering and posting a reply.

Thank you for your feedback and kind regards.

It may be due to the fact that the Barry's trick is to combine two horizontal pictures rather than two vertical ones ?

I'm also getting a lot of freezes on this particular thread. Probably because of some way too big pictures that have been entered here ?

The new updated forum app doesn't seem particularly friendly with iPads

Knorp

It may be due to the fact that the Barry's trick is to combine two horizontal pictures rather than two vertical ones ?

I'm also getting a lot of freezes on this particular thread. Probably because of some way too big pictures that have been entered here ?

The new updated forum app doesn't seem particularly friendly with iPads
I think Barry's trick is with portrait oriented images that he cuts in half that seem to work fine on the iPad.

Agreed, this particular thread may well be compromised by the very large images.
On my iPad this thread takes ages to load and it's only on my iMac it works alright.

Up till the database crash this site behaved fine, but since the upgrade(s) ... :confused:

Kind regards.