The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Olympus OMD

scho

Two handheld panos with the E-M5II + 40-150 taken on an afternoon stream walk in the gorge below my house.

scho

Early spring at the Cornell Arboretum. E-M5II+12-40 Pro. I think that Flickr is adding some unwanted sharpening when resizing the original uploads, click for original for comparison.

Last edited:

Annna T

From a night walk down in the city.
Rue des Mayennets, Sion.

Wow.. looking at the EXIF I see that I have sot at 0.3 sec., handheld. Now the IBIS is really doing wonders, because I never had very steady hands. I hadn't noted I had such a low speed or I'd have upped the ISO, even if my limit with the E-M5s lies at ISO800.

OMD-Em5II, m.Zuiko 12-40mm Pro at 12mm, 0.3 sec. F2.8 ISO800

Rue des Mayennets, Sion - 20160411_014em52i
by rrr_hhh, sur Flickr

tashley

Subscriber Member
Horse/*** (taken at local pony club meet today) shows the problems and benefits of shooting EM-1 at LOW ISO - even at an exposure compensation of -1EV the equine rump was totally blown on the top side. I had to patch some hair back in using a gentle clone brush in Photoshop... on the plus side, the file had good shadow latitude and nice crisp detail.

Last edited:

scho

Just returned after a week long family reunion and beach vacation on Hatteras island (North Carolina outer banks). A few snaps taken with the E-M5II using both the 12-40 and 40-150 Pro lenses.

k-hawinkler

Horse/*** (taken at local pony club meet today) shows the problems and benefits of shooting EM-1 at LOW ISO - even at an exposure compensation of -1EV the equine rump was totally blown on the top side. I had to patch some hair back in using a gentle clown brush in Photoshop... on the plus side, the file had had shadow latitude and nice crisp detail.

Thanks Tim. So what would have been the correct way to expose this image? TIA.

tashley

Subscriber Member
Thanks Tim. So what would have been the correct way to expose this image? TIA.
Who knows? The sensor doesn't have enough DR for the scene. If I'd had a second chance having seen it on a computer I'd have no better idea. You lose highlights or you lose shadow. Given that choice I'd prefer to lose shadow so I'd have gone -1 2/3 and busked the processing. As is, faking it with a clone brush is a reasonable alternative.

Last edited: