The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Anyone has the Cosina 17/0.95?

V

Vivek

Any samples to show?

Steve Huff has posted his usual pictures of himself using this lens. Besides that I could not find anything other than flowers and toys up close.

henningw

I tried out the 17 that Kobayashi-san gave to Tuulikki Abrahamsson, Tom's wife. The images look very similar in character to those from the 25/0.95; in fact there seems little else to say about them. The lens is noticeably bigger than the 25, so that doesn't appeal to me. I'll wait for the wider one and see how that works.

Tom and Tuulikki are in Europe right now, and Tuulikki is shooting exclusively with the 17, last I heard so there will be lots of images from it when they get back.

Henning

V

Vivek

Thanks for that news! :)

This system is getting to be stronger by the day! Awesome!:thumbs:

PS: I hope there will be a true T/S adapter to use manual focus lenses from other systems, soon.

henningw

Unfortunately the m43 system is poorly designed for that as near telecentricity is required for good optical performance. For perspective correction you're probably better off using a wider lens and then correcting in post for best IQ. Of course, for tilts or swings it a) doesn't matter as much and b) it can't really be done any other way.

I have some Canon TS-E lenses, and while the 17 does sort of work, it's definitely clunky and you run into vignetting quickly. The 90 works a bit better but unfortunately has the older mount. And then there's the aperture problem.

Henning

V

Vivek

Unfortunately the m43 system is poorly designed for that as near telecentricity is required for good optical performance. For perspective correction you're probably better off using a wider lens and then correcting in post for best IQ. Of course, for tilts or swings it a) doesn't matter as much and b) it can't really be done any other way.

I have some Canon TS-E lenses, and while the 17 does sort of work, it's definitely clunky and you run into vignetting quickly. The 90 works a bit better but unfortunately has the older mount. And then there's the aperture problem.

Henning
Hi Henning, I have seen and tried a prototype last year. The system does offer
enormous possibilities. Even APS-C lenses could be pressed into service!