The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Did anybody use these lenses on the OM-D?

ustein

Contributing Editor
1. Panasonic 7-14mm
2. Panasonic 14-140mm
3. Panasonic 45mm
4. Olympus 4/3 (non m43) 14-52mm

What is your take. Do you get info on lens distortions to LR4?

kwalsh

For the top three you'll get distortion correction but not CA correction. I've not put my 7-14 on yet, but for the 14-45, 45-200, 20, 25, and 14 it seems to work as expected.

I have no idea about the 4/3 lens.

Ken

ustein

Contributing Editor
Thanks.

CA should not be major deal as it is corrected in LR4 without lens profile.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Uwe, I am very interested in lens #1; I am trialling an OM-D soon, and that lens is essential to some of my work, and its EFOV lack is the reason the NEX-7 cannot be my one-camera solution. And I would rather not keep the GXR + M module just for one lens (the CV 12/5.6).

On another thread, someone spoke of DxO Pro as a distortion correction plus raw developer solution. I am an Aperture and occasional C1Pro user‚ and I would much prefer to use only one raw developer, if it can do all that I need.

When you find out about the 7–14 Panny re, distortion correction and LR4, can you post? I would rather learn a new software than use two or more in a process, just to get an image I need.

Maintenance of straight lines in interiors is the main use of this lens, for me.

httivals

I use the Panasonic 7-14mm on the GH2. Lightroom corrects for straight lines well. DXO Optics Pro does it better because it gives you a lot of control to fine tune the distortion corrections. Both raw converters correct well for chromatic aberrations on the GH2. I'm pretty sure that Lightroom will correct distortion but not chromatic aberrations for the OM-D. DXO will likely not support this lens on the OM-D for several months, at least.

ustein

Contributing Editor
> I'm pretty sure that Lightroom will correct distortion but not chromatic aberrations for the OM-D.

I think the new CA removal in LR4 may work.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
So: possibly a move to Lightroom will be required. Maybe Aperture experts will chime in here, but I am pretty sure that Aperture will not correct either lens distortion nor CA automatically.

@ Uwe: which raw developer (of DxO Pro or LR) do you prefer, and why? If you have something on your site already about this, please point me there. Cheers, kl

ustein

Contributing Editor
>Uwe: which raw developer (of DxO Pro or LR)

I like C1, DxO and LR for different reasons. But live most of the time with LR4.