The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

OMD + PanLeica 25mm

Hosermage

Hi Uwe, were these shot at f/1.4? I don't see a lot of background separation. I'm not expecting it to be like the 50mm summilux because of the small sensor size, but I was hoping for more bokeh.

biglouis

Thanks for these, Uwe. The 25/1.4 is a superb lens - my second favourite after the Leica 45/2.8. As David observes unless you are quite close and the background deep then you are not going to get any real bokeh. BTW, incredibly sharp lens (shot on GH-2 at f1.4):

View attachment 58344

100% crop
View attachment 58345

ustein

Contributing Editor
>were these shot at f/1.4? I don't see a lot of background separation.

More f/1.8. I was looking more for good detail here.

THe 12-50mm kit lens is much softer.

Biglouis, I think the 25 is a good argument for the m43 system.

Diane B

I just got mine Friday afternoon and after shooting with it Saturday on a G3 I suspect this will become my favorite m4/3 lens. I carried it with the 45/2.8 macro but only pulled it out a few times.

I've contemplated adding the 45/1.8 also but not sure if I need it for my style of shooting or that I can justify both 45s LOL. The 25 definitely supplants the 20 for me. I think I'd like wider--have 17/2.8, 20, and of course the 14/3.5 of the original 14-45/3.5-5.6. Also the ZD9-18 and not sure if I'll replace with mZD 9-18. But the 25/1.4 will likely be my workhorse lens for m4/3.

Diane

biglouis

Biglouis, I think the 25 is a good argument for the m43 system.
It is as 90% of the world's content is web bound which does not require the super DSLRs on the market place. I've sold several pictures this year off Flickr, all taken with my m43rds camera and all going into books or magazines.

If only Leica would allow a 17.5/2 Summicron my world would be complete.

LouisB

nostatic

I elected to go 14/2.5 (hard to pass up for $160 new), 25/2.4 and 45/1.8 as prime setup. The 60 macro has my interest as well, though the macro function on the kit zoom isn't bad. The 25/1.4 is my favorite so far.

B

bahamot

How bad is the rattle sound with this combo? With my GF1, the sound occurs when changing dark/bright to bright/dark scene and while press shutter button in bright scene.