The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with R lenses on the OMD

jonoslack

Well, my novoflex adapter arrived today, so I've been fiddling. Here's a thread to play on!

The EVF seems to allow decent focusing, and with the grip the camera handles really well.

This is what it looks like with the Leica R 180 elmarit APO and the grip

Taken with the Leica MM and the 75 F2 (well, it would be, wouldn't it!).

The IS is a real bonus - here is a shot taken with the combo - hand held and manual focused:

so 180mm (360 equiv) ISO 5000, 1/100th

this is 1/320th at ISO 200

all at f2.8

Knorp

Well, my novoflex adapter arrived today, so I've been fiddling. Here's a thread to play on!

The EVF seems to allow decent focusing, and with the grip the camera handles really well.

This is what it looks like with the Leica R 180 elmarit APO and the grip

Taken with the Leica MM and the 75 F2 (well, it would be, wouldn't it!).

The IS is a real bonus - here is a shot taken with the combo - hand held and manual focused:

so 180mm (360 equiv) ISO 5000, 1/100th

this is 1/320th at ISO 200

all at f2.8

:D d@mn it - you like the grip then ?

Gorgeous shot of the OMD and the 180, I can imagine you really like to have 'grip' with that combo.
Hope to see more ROMD pictures ... ;)

Btw - who is that sad looking dog ? Can't be Caspar !

Kind regards.

Braeside

This camera should have been named the OMG

Lovely shots Jono.

PS great to hear you on the serious compacts podcast.

Brian Mosley

Beautiful shot Jono, would be nice to see the MM taken with the E-M5 + 45mm f1.8 at ISO 3200 in B&W :D

How does manual focusing with the EVF compare to focus peaking with the Nex7?

Thanks

Brian

kweide

:( böhhhh i dont have an OMD, just my infamous E-P3. But my Summilux 25 f1.4 and my 45 f1.8 work very very well. Jono the Leica Apo would be a perfect match for my E-5 as well !
Am i now outdated ??? Should i go out of business ?? No OMD .... :(

Klaus