The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Leica R glass on m4/3

jonoslack

This thread was Barts idea. It was such a good one that I've stolen it from him!

Usung leica R glass on m4/3 seems to be very rewarding. There's lots of it about, and some of it is quite sensibly priced.
I'm double posting some shots I took yesterday with the 60mm e55 f2.8 macro elmarit.

Over to you Bart! And everyone else

All the best

Last edited:

Terry

I caved... I had a lonely unused R adapter from a 180 that I had sold...so I wanted to make the adapter happy again and a 60 macro arrived on Friday. However, I'm away with only the Fuji for the weekend.

Knorp

This thread was Barts idea. It was such a good one that I've stolen it from him!

Usung leica R glass on m4/3 seems to be very rewarding. There's lots of it about, and some of it is quite sensibly priced.
I'm double posting some shots I took yesterday with the 60mm e55 f2.8 macro elmarit.

Over to you Bart! And everyone else

All the best
Well let's keep to it that I lend you the idea, after all it was your thread !
Anyhow, I'm happy you picked it up :thumbup:
Am I eager to see how the one without the grip holds its ground against the one with the free grip !
:D

Here are some from my first outing with the 70-180/2.8

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Well let's keep to it that I lend you the idea, after all it was your thread !
Anyhow, I'm happy you picked it up :thumbup:
Am I eager to see how the one without the grip holds its ground against the one with the free grip !
:D

Here are some from my first outing with the 70-180/2.8
HI Bart
These are fantastic - excellent - RedDot have one of these lenses . . . but at £2600 I'm going to give it a miss!

As for the free grip - I'm surprised to say that I'm using it - mostly just the first part, but it works really well.

I was taking surfing shots today with the 100-300 (I'll put some on the other thread later). The grip really helps.

Terry - good luck with yours

all the best

Knorp

Bart these look great. Detail looks superb. What else do you have in your R stash?
Hello Terry,
actually not much and I dearly hope to keep it that way !
Along with 70-180/2.8, there is the 28-90/2.8-4.5, the lovely macro 100/2.8 and the weird 70-210/4.0.
Not much on the wide site, though.
Hopefully not in vain I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year's Photokina.
Leica should fulfill their promise one day, right ?

Kind regards.

jonoslack

Here's three more with the macro elmarit 60 (I'm in Cornwall right now, and it's the only R lens I have with me).

These two are of Osmunda regales (the royal fern) in a clay pit near the house here:

This is just a humble plantain

jonoslack

Hello Terry,
actually not much and I dearly hope to keep it that way !
Along with 70-180/2.8, there is the 28-90/2.8-4.5, the lovely macro 100/2.8 and the weird 70-210/4.0.
Not much on the wide site, though.
Hopefully not in vain I'm keeping my fingers crossed for this year's Photokina.
Leica should fulfill their promise one day, right ?

Kind regards.
HI Bart
I'm not doing any wide R lenses either - clearly they aren't worth it on m4/3 where there are plenty of reasonable wide lenses - anyway, you need ultra wide R lenses to be any use on m4/3 - even the famous 19mm would only be a boring 38mm.
It's the telephotos that seem much more interesting. I've got the weird 70-210 f3 as well, but I haven't got around to changing the mount back from alpha yet (must do it!).

all the best

Knorp

HI Bart
I'm not doing any wide R lenses either - clearly they aren't worth it on m4/3 where there are plenty of reasonable wide lenses - anyway, you need ultra wide R lenses to be any use on m4/3 - even the famous 19mm would only be a boring 38mm.
It's the telephotos that seem much more interesting. I've got the weird 70-210 f3 as well, but I haven't got around to changing the mount back from alpha yet (must do it!).

all the best
Well, the 70-210 weirdo is certainly much more manageable than the 70-180/2.8 behemoth.

Kind regards.

Knorp

Went out early this morning, but with little luck getting good shots.
Perhaps my eyesight is slowly letting me down or I've to get used to the 70-180 with 2x t/c.

All the best.

jonoslack

Went out early this morning, but with little luck getting good shots.
Perhaps my eyesight is slowly letting me down or I've to get used to the 70-180 with 2x t/c.

All the best.
Bah - these are fantastic Bart - I love them.

Knorp

More luck I had with this family of oystercatchers. Quick as water the chicks were more than a match for my focusing skills :eek:

All the best.

jonoslack

I'm keeping to static subjects - well, mostly!
Here are a few from a cloudy walk today:

All with the 60 elmarit on the OMD. What Fun!