The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Comparo: Pan 14-45mm, Oly 12-50mm & Oly 14-42mm 4/3rds

RichA

To see the full-sized images, click the link. To see the differences, you really have to.
Also, anyone looking for a really decent kit lens (and if you got the 4/3rds to m4/3rds electronic adapter in the E-M5 North American deal) Henry's Outlet store in Mississauga, Ontario has five of the Olympus 14-42mm 4/3rds lenses for $49.00/ea. in stock.
I'm pretty impressed with the old lens, and it and the adapter don't weight much more than the pan 14-45mm. Note: Focusing is slow, about 2 seconds.

All lenses set at 14mm, on the E-M5.

Comparison of 3 lenses.jpg photo - Richard Anderson photos at pbase.com

kwalsh

Thanks Rich!

Out of curiosity, what aperture were these at?

Also, wow the 12-50 does not look very good at all! I know the 14-45 is darn good, but something seems off with the 12-50. I'd say maybe slightly out of focus, but actually the center is much better than the edge - almost like their is field curvature or something.

$49 is quite the bargain! On the other hand I think you can pick up m43 14-42's for around $100 used and get fast AF.

Anywho, thanks for sharing and posting the nice comparison image.

Ken