The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Old Oly 4/3rds 40-150mm on E-M5

RichA

Upside. It works very well optically, stop it down a stop or so and it produces very good images. The shot below was taken over 500ft through heat waves, since it was 34 C. here today in Toronto.
Downside: 2 seconds to lock focus, then, press shutter, wait 1.5 seconds and then it fires! NOT an action lens! But for $85.00 plus a free adapter (Olympus deal) it's fine.
P.S.: The old 4/3rds lenses do NOT focus on my Panasonic G1!

Peter Klein

Rich: Thanks for the reality check. I've got one of these 40-150 lenses, and I've liked it very much on my old E-510 and current E-30. I'm seriously considering an OM-D, so it's nice to hear from someone who's actually used it. Oly America confirmed that the lens would work, now you've told me *how* it will work. Sounds like it's not for action, but fine for static subjects.

Have you tried manual focus? Does the camera fire immediately when you press the shutter in that case?

--Peter

RichA

Rich: Thanks for the reality check. I've got one of these 40-150 lenses, and I've liked it very much on my old E-510 and current E-30. I'm seriously considering an OM-D, so it's nice to hear from someone who's actually used it. Oly America confirmed that the lens would work, now you've told me *how* it will work. Sounds like it's not for action, but fine for static subjects.

Have you tried manual focus? Does the camera fire immediately when you press the shutter in that case?

--Peter
As it turned out, it was an error on my part. There is no delay between shutter button push and shutter firing. I had been using the camera's 2 second delay earlier...and forgot to turn it off!