The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Naaa! It's a bit much for a 35mm...

V

Vivek

"It is a very very rare lens, less than 100 pics ever made."

A shame that someone used it to make ~ 100 pics with it! :(

etrigan63

Glad eBay lets us know who the seller is so we can avoid him/her in the future. Apparently his target audience is the "more money than brains" club.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Looks like it's had a healthy life out in the wild to me. Perhaps a display case queen now but that lens looks like it's seen some use.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Yes!

Have you seen this great comedy, Carlos? Ah: are you are based in Melbourne (just looked at your site)?

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Yeah because it is a regular seller....my guess is:

a)typo
b)foreign currency translation issue - someone used the wrong currency.
My thought as well. It's in no way the cheapest HK store, but in my experience, they have accurate descriptions and realistic pricing. This one has neither.

Jonas

When I have been looking for Leica stuff breguetcamera never had anything reasonable to offer. In this case not only the price is wrong but also the description and suggested condition make me put the seller on my "black list". This is not only a typo but looks like they had someone lacking in knowledge making the ad.

Terry

When I have been looking for Leica stuff breguetcamera never had anything reasonable to offer. In this case not only the price is wrong but also the description and suggested condition make me put the seller on my "black list". This is not only a typo but looks like they had someone lacking in knowledge making the ad.
Or hacked their account....

pophoto

Isn't it one of those things.....
The seller seems reputable, with many items in the reasonable pricing range and although this is 'ridiculous' to most people, perhaps it is of worth to someone who collects.
And isn't it the case of if you're not interested, don't buy it and like others have said, there are indeed better Leica glass available and newer 6-bit coded etc. I dunno, is it just me, and if you're not interested just move on sort of thing?

There's this lens with 4 offers already:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mint-Collectable-Rare-Leica-M-Summilux-ASPHERICAL-35mm-f1-4-Lens-w-Hood-Filter-/110882391708?_trksid=p5197.m1998&_trkparms=aid%3D222001%26algo%3DSIC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17%26meid%3D258983753806947445%26pid%3D100017%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26#ht_6029wt_1359

V

Vivek

Now, that looks reasonable. No ugly paint loss and such. :thumbs:

RS

auto focus leica m lens guys! of course it's work us$60,000 (lol) and made in canada to boot!
even in the value is in hkd it translate into us$7500 which i think is still unreasonable...however i think there is a double aspherical version which might (but this one is definitely not it)
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2011/...rical-aa-lens-review-a-classic-full-of-magic/
the address seems to be right though...maybe we should post it on the leica forum and let them figure it out

Tesselator

Yup, the lens is worn out and a half! So that's a definite lie in his description.

It's not a typo tho because his text description says: "We can not accept PayPal because it is over 10,000US$, beyond the PayPal payment limit."

My guess it that he's selling a different one for much much less and posted that one as a fake to drive the price and perceived value up. So some poor unexacting fool will search and say... Look I can get the same one for only $6k - that's a 90% savings. :D

Also it could be a proxy sale (although I doubt it in this case) where someone is paying him off for something shady and they're using this as the payment vehicle.