The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The G1 has arrived....

P

Prognathous

Thanks Brian. I'm really curious about this one specific subject. I'm sure the G1 is a fantastic camera in most other aspects.

Prog.

Brian Mosley

OK, leaning in and out towards a bookcase in fairly low artificial light - the continuous autofocus tracks in a very high pitched continuous sounding tone (very quiet indeed)... and the focus stays sharp in the viewfinder.

It seems to be tracking very well indeed - as if it's working out the speed of travel and matching, rather than making multiple back and forward sweeps.

It's good!

Cheers

Brian

P

Prognathous

Thanks Brian, this is very interesting. I hope Panasonic will release a lens with a focus scale, so that it would be simpler to test this and see how the lens actually moves to compensate for subject movement. Prog.

Brian Mosley

I'm keen to see whether the G1 picks up on the aperture setting of the 14-150mm OIS when set via the barrel - that would be terrific!

Kind Regards

Brian