The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bad news for anyone trying to avoid 75mm f1.8

Braeside

At least I got a 'free' never-ready case for my OM-D from Olympus. Probably will never take it out of its box.

mediumcool

I never owned a 135/150mm in the [good old] 35mm days, and have no wish to do so today. For 4/3 I would prefer a 90 or 100mm prime, equating to 180 or 200 in the old money—I find the compression at these focal lengths to have a useful visual effect.

Thinking of looking for a 120mm f2.8 Pentax for my K-5 and also to use on my G3 as a 240 equivalent.

The 75mm (150 eq) I find to be neither fish nor fowl. :(

kwalsh

Well the Olympus is a heck of a lot smaller than the Samyang not to mention sharper with better microcontrast at 1.8 than the Samyang as well. So it is more than JustnAF really.

Ken

RichA

Well the Olympus is a heck of a lot smaller than the Samyang not to mention sharper with better microcontrast at 1.8 than the Samyang as well. So it is more than JustnAF really.

Ken
Probably, but I haven't seen any direct comparisons.

jlm

Workshop Member
oooh oooh oooh
75 just showed up from korea, ordered on Monday, in my hands in NYC on thursday!