The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus OM-D eyecup EP-11 report

Braeside

I finally got hold of an EP-11 eyecup for the OM-D. [Had to order it from Hong Kong]. Well, it does the job, however as a wearer of glasses it doesn't really work well for me, as I can't get my eye close enough to see all the frame with my glasses on. (I can see all with the regular OM-D rubber eye piece). I tried it with the bare eyeball and it is fine, though of course I have to remove my specs and adjust the diopter.

If anyone in the UK is looking for an EP-11, let me know. I paid £22.98 for it.
Yours for £22 PayPal posted.

All the best

D

dcisive

I also got a EP-11 the other day after waiting a month and a half. Unlike some reports I've seen it is quite stable on the camera and isn't coming off unless I make it by force. I got my eyes fixed via PRK several years ago so no more glasses except to read. I find the EP-11 ideal in that it now provides me with that 3rd point of contact to stabilize the camera as I rest it against my eye lid after getting plenty close to get a full viewfinder view with all the info and NO stray light. So for me I would say it has worked out quite nicely

Knorp

I also got a EP-11 the other day after waiting a month and a half. Unlike some reports I've seen it is quite stable on the camera and isn't coming off unless I make it by force. I got my eyes fixed via PRK several years ago so no more glasses except to read. I find the EP-11 ideal in that it now provides me with that 3rd point of contact to stabilize the camera as I rest it against my eye lid after getting plenty close to get a full viewfinder view with all the info and NO stray light. So for me I would say it has worked out quite nicely
+1 As a no specs-wearer (yet), so far it works pretty good for me too. Sorry David.

All the best.

Braeside

Anybody that has an EP-11, and is happy with it, would like to sell me their original EP-10 eyepiece?