The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Panasonic 25 portraits or other f/1.4 shots

tom in mpls

Please show us what your Panasonic 25mm can do wide open with portraits, anything from full height to head shot, or other shots that you have that will show off the shallow DOF capabilities and bokeh.

Jonas

I don't know Tom... There is a "Fun with the..." at the first page of the forum. The PL25 is very much like a 50/2.8 on a FF camera, ie, it's not a lens made for any kind of particular shallow DOF. That said, here is a reasonably recent one of my better half, taken in Barcelona while waiting for the food at some place (yes, all that is irrelevant). Maybe f/1.4 or f/2?:

Jonas

Here is another one, a street shot taken when looking at the audience at some event. Maybe I posted it earlier somewhere:

EDIT: Sorry, I just checked and the image above is taken at f/2.8 so far from wide open. OTOH it is cropped, at all edges.

biglouis

Tom

Wide open this lens is amazing. Not so much for depth of field as for sharpness. The only other lens I have owned which is this sharp wide open was my now dear departed Leica 35/1.4 asph.

I have posted this before but look at the reflection in the sunglasses:

Annna T

Please show us what your Panasonic 25mm can do wide open with portraits, anything from full height to head shot, or other shots that you have that will show off the shallow DOF capabilities and bokeh.
Here are two shots not at the max aperture, but at F2.5, natural light inside of a restaurant (there were windows on both sides) :