The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f1.8

ErikTande

Got mine last week, shot a ton of pics at the Ragnar Relay in Minnesota/Wisconsin this weekend. I love this lens! Original size jpgs are on my flickr. Almost every pic was with the Olympus 75mm at 1.8, except a few that were taken with my Panasonic 14-42. I think my cheap ND filter tinted those blue. I had a tiffen ND filter on the Olympus 75mm and didn't notice any discoloring. These are all the Oly 75mm:

Ragnar 2012 - a set on Flickr

P1090440 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

P1090484 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

P1090837 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

P1090613 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

P1090859 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

P1090832 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

Me!

P1090492 by Erik Tande, on Flickr

K

KLYShots

Wonderful images guys. I guess it's time for me to do some chores for the wife to put her in good mood. :salute:

Terry

I haven't posted anything with the lens yet but it does a really great job. It can handle fairly complex backgrounds without making a mess of the bokeh. And yes portraits at f1.8 look really good.

monk

So learning patience is a wholesome virtue and I should be grateful to Olympus for the lesson but my goodness it seems like this lens is taking a long time to arrive.

ErikTande

A promo picture I took with my GH2 and Olympus 75mm 1.8 after shooting a Hunger Games Parody Video today.

Shutter speed 250, 1.8, ISO 1600 (had to up the shutter speed, I was handheld and tired, which was giving me blurry pics)

N

nickthetasmaniac

I picked up the lens a few days ago (wow it's a stunner!) and I've been able to do a solid bit of field testing :smile:

All on a GH2 and a variety of crops and apertures...

f2.5

f2

f1.8

f4.5

f6.3

f5

f4.5

f1.8

f1.8

f1.8

f1.8

f1.8