The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm f1.8

ErikTande

Grabbed a couple stills with my GH1 and 75mm 1.8 while shooting some Halloween video. .jpg straight out of the camera.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just got this lens. I was really concerned that I made a mistake and should have gone with the zoom.

Then I looked at the results. Did anyone mention that this is a sharp lens? Like Zeiss prime sharp? Always difficult to appreciate on these Web versions, but here are some from today.

At f/1.8, I get good separation between the picture on the wall and my wife.

At 100%, you can see the threads in the fabric covering part of this structure. This is the scaffolding at Columbus Circle surrounding the statue exhibit. Keystone correction in C1v7.

And the mandatory narrow DoF shot showing off the gorgeous bokeh.

Best,

Matt

Knorp

Welcome Heng, I'm sure you'll like it here ... :angel:
This Persimmon is looking both divine and delicious.
Really some fine images you show us here with this excellent lens/camera combo, lovely.

All the very best.

monk

Thank you, Bart, for the kind welcome. I'm a Buddhist monk; Heng Sure (both words) is my religious name, meaning "Constantly Real," which might potentially manifest into photographic virtues :). If you would, please, I aspire to post my photos at a larger resolution and I'm not sure which is the best online platform from which to link to this Forum. I have a Flickr account, and a blog. Can I link from there? Would you describe the best way to post or link higher res images to GetDPI? I've been reading the help files here and clicking around with the control panel above and still wound up with down-sized photos. Many thanks! - Rev. Heng Sure

Knorp

Thank you, Bart, for the kind welcome. I'm a Buddhist monk; Heng Sure (both words) is my religious name, meaning "Constantly Real," which might potentially manifest into photographic virtues :). If you would, please, I aspire to post my photos at a larger resolution and I'm not sure which is the best online platform from which to link to this Forum. I have a Flickr account, and a blog. Can I link from there? Would you describe the best way to post or link higher res images to GetDPI? I've been reading the help files here and clicking around with the control panel above and still wound up with down-sized photos. Many thanks! - Rev. Heng Sure
Hi there Heng Sure,

I'm sorry but I'm not familiar with the Flickr procedure, but would like to know as well how this works.
Therefore I've put up a question in the 'Sunset Bar' section: How To ...

Now let's wait and see who takes up the glove and help us out on this.

My apologies for misinterpreting your name.
All the very best.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Bought a new lens today, the 75mm f/1.8, then straight on to one of the two annual car exhibitions in this city. Toyotas are a bit boring, aren't they, so I found this other subject :D

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.0

Knorp

Bought a new lens today, the 75mm f/1.8, then straight on to one of the two annual car exhibitions in this city. Toyotas are a bit boring, aren't they, so I found this other subject :D
Congratulations Jørgen with these two beauties.
Though, I know who I'd prefer ... :deadhorse:

All the best and happy shooting !

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member
Thank you, Bart. Yes, I prefer the lens as well. High initial cost, but rather moderate after that ;)
Here's another:

GH2 with Zuiko 75mm f/1.8 @ f/2.2