The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best wide lens for < $500

soboyle

I have the 20 1.7 and the 45 1.8, for use on my OM-D, both excellent lenses. Need to fill the gap at the wide end for under $500, something in the 20-30mm (equiv.) range. The panny 14 2.5 looks like it's priced right. Seems to get good reviews. Any other suggestions? I like the looks of the 12-35 2.8 coming, but the price kills it for me.

jnewell

The Panasonic 14mm can be bought for ~US$175 from people breaking up camera/lens kits and is a steal at that price.

ggibson

You can look for a used 12-50mm zoom for around $300 or possibly a 9-18mm for $500 (may be harder to find). The 14mm prime sounds like a good match for your current kit, but those two might give you more flexibility.