The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Advice on OM-D travel lens combo for upcoming trip to Europe

R

rcoles

The main reasons I have just purchased the E-M5 was to add capabilities I cannot do with my M9 (macro, telephoto and bad weather photography) and to have a backup camera. So my current E-M-5 kit, would be the 12-50 and the 100-300.
Bob

Maggie O

I bought the E-M5 kit with the 12-50 zoom, which I've yet to use much, and three primes:

M Zuiko 12/2, M Zuiko 45/1.8 and the Pana-Leica 25/1.4 Summilux. It neatly lines up with how I shoot with my M kit and how I used to shoot with my Nikon F3 kit. I also got an adapter for my old Nikkor lenses, adding my 105/2.5 to the OM-D's kit as a pretty decent wildlife lens!

hsteeves

I'm spending the next 2 months in Cozumel, Mexico and have a place to work out of. 2 OMD bodies, 1 with Oly grip/1 with 3rd party thumb grip. 7-14, 9-18, 12-50, 100-300, 12-35, 35-100 and 12/20/45/60/75. As I said, I'm away from home and I intend to try everything. I will have a need for speed when the Carnival parades happen as well as other night performances. My personal walk around is the small body and the 12-50. I did not bring my 14-140 as I thought my copy was a bit soft compared to my other glass. I use a smallish shoulder bag and try not to stand out in a crowd because of my gear.
I came down with only 2 carry-on bags that luckily they didn't weigh but on the flight the stewardess picked up my camera bag, which besides the camera gear also held my laptop and my iPad. I think she has a hernia now. Could be trouble on the way home. Maybe they will let me on naked.