The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

First paid shoot with my E-M5

FlypenFly

The last time I took my OM-D for a paid shoot, it was a backup with my NEX-7 doing most of the work.

This time, I just took my OM-D.

An interesting observation is that at least up to 2000x2000, I can't tell much of a difference in quality between the Panasonic 14-45mm and the modern 4/3rd Olympus ZD 50mm F2 Macro for this distance. Of course the Olympus can go to 1:1 (in 35mm terms) which is much closer but 14-45mm... I mean I can't complain about the resolution.

If Olympus comes out with a F1.4 or F1.2 17mm that is amazing, I'm not sure how I can justify keeping my NEX-7 ZA 24mm combo.

Now some with the Oly 50mm ZD F2 Macro

Hey and a Sub shot.

The lens is actually pretty decent at Infinity as well and will produce moire so it's sharp.

Nice Bokeh too.

But you need to bet at F2.8 or smaller.

Last edited: